Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 17 open for young girl

mktt89

need some advice building open glock for young girl. looking to have as little felt recoil as possible so the shooting is enjoyable. so i have a glock 17 with fastfire mounted with dovetail mount. looking to putting carver 2 port comp on it or possibly putting a ported barrel on it. please offer all advice except switching away from the glock. been practicing with 2.6 gr of titegroup with 148 xtreme bullet i know it does not make minor power factor but just getting her used to shooting. our normal load is 3.2gr. look forward to comments.

Hello: You may find that a lighter bullet will be a better option for a young shooter. I ended up with a light 115 grain load for my 8 year old son through a Glock 34. No need for a comp at this point but the Fastfire you have on it will work just fine. Get some Arredondo base pads for the Glock mags and let her shoot it a lot. I found my son would limp wrist it with the heavy bullets but he would not with the light bullets going a faster. You will have to see what works for her. Thanks., Eric