Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

1 minute ago, TennJeep1618 said:

I think Max is sponsored by C-More as well. Shooting an RTS2 on a Sig gun would make both sponsors happy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe.  I'm guessing C-More was happier than Sig on that arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2017 at 1:29 PM, tyler2you said:

Surely the Captain of Team Sig used a Romeo to win CO?  If not, that surely says something about the quality of the Sig Red Dots.

C-More has been a long time sponsor for Max so he ran CO with an RTS2 at Nationals last year. This year the guns of his that I have seen have been equipped with SIG Romeo3. He mentioned going to the Romeo3 initially since it is closest to the RTS2 that he had been using. 

41 minutes ago, rishii said:

Alma

does sig have any plans to make a Romero3 with a 8 moa dot

My rts2 has a 6moa dot and I want something bigger

Just a FYI, C-more can change yours over to an 8 moa.  Cost is about  $69, IIRC.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 0:25 PM, rishii said:

Alma

does sig have any plans to make a Romero3 with a 8 moa dot

My rts2 has a 6moa dot and I want something bigger

It's possible that we will see a reflex sight from SIG that has a larger dot than the current ones. No promises or ETA. 

I know that Max has been testing some larger dots and providing feedback to the SIG Optics team. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone seen a removable blast shield for the DP Pro?  Having some issues with carbon messing with the motion sensor hole.  I've temporarily solved it by putting a paster over the hole and turning my dot on and off manually each stage but need a permanent fix. Was wondering if there's something out there that could be slipped between the mount and the dot was t able to find anything though.  Currently running the arrendondo mount, and have Atlas Gunworksnmakingnme an new one with a blast shield but that will be some weeks.

1 hour ago, cj36d said:

Has anyone seen a removable blast shield for the DP Pro?  Having some issues with carbon messing with the motion sensor hole.  I've temporarily solved it by putting a paster over the hole and turning my dot on and off manually each stage but need a permanent fix. Was wondering if there's something out there that could be slipped between the mount and the dot was t able to find anything though.  Currently running the arrendondo mount, and have Atlas Gunworksnmakingnme an new one with a blast shield but that will be some weeks.

I ran an arrendondo mount with a vortex and never ever ever had anything on the glass. Switched to a cheely mount and a DPP and my glass is black after 300 rounds. Freaking sucks.

I don't have your problem though, I leave my dot on all day for the match. I dry fired, live fired, and shot ~8 matches in a month and only changed the battery because I was going to area 6. 

I would be mad mad if I had to turn this thing on and off every stage. That's my one, rather large complaint with the DPP, it's a major pain to turn on and off, and adjust.  

Edited by ShortBus

7 minutes ago, ShortBus said:

I ran an arrendondo mount with a vortex and never ever ever had anything on the glass. Switched to a cheely mount and a DPP and my glass is black after 300 rounds. Freaking sucks.

I don't have your problem though, I leave my dot on all day for the match. I dry fired, live fired, and shot ~8 matches in a month and only changed the battery because I was going to area 6. 

I would be mad mad if I had to turn this thing on and off every stage. That's my one, rather large complaint with the DPP, it's a major pain to turn on and off, and adjust.  

Agreed it's a pain, Love the sight itself, when it works it works well...but I'm about 5 minutes from going back to a cmore.

2 hours ago, cj36d said:

Not really an add on blast shield but Everglades Ammo makes a mount with a blast shield for a DPP. 

http://www.evergladesammo.com/shooting-accessories/optics/ega-deltapoint-pro-scope-mount.html

8 minutes ago, robb315 said:

Not really an add on blast shield but Everglades Ammo makes a mount with a blast shield for a DPP. 

http://www.evergladesammo.com/shooting-accessories/optics/ega-deltapoint-pro-scope-mount.html

I wanted one one of these when I bought the cheely but they were out of stock and I couldn't wait. I'd like to compare the position of the optic between this one and the cheely.. wonder if it's any different minus the center 

I wanted one one of these when I bought the cheely but they were out of stock and I couldn't wait. I'd like to compare the position of the optic between this one and the cheely.. wonder if it's any different minus the center 

I posted some pictures a few months ago comparing the two. I can't remember if it was in this thread or another one.

Edit: found it - http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/230669-New-Delta-Point-Pro,-first-thoughts...#entry2684622

17 minutes ago, TennJeep1618 said:

I posted some pictures a few months ago comparing the two. I can't remember if it was in this thread or another one.

Edit: found it - http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/230669-New-Delta-Point-Pro,-first-thoughts...#entry2684622

Looks like it sets a little more. I wonder if that's enough to keep the glass clean? I might try one. Really not looking forward to getting the tony screws out smothered on green loctite lol. 

Surely the Captain of Team Sig used a Romeo to win CO?  If not, that surely says something about the quality of the Sig Red Dots.

I think Max is sponsored by C-More as well. Shooting an RTS2 on a Sig gun would make both sponsors happy.

Recently noticed that max, while pushing the new double alpha holster is running what looks like the Romeo 3 on his open gun.

I been using the cover going stage to stage. Then it won't turn on. Flip battery up an put back in comes on. Any one have this issue. Going to start just leaving run on match day

I have been leaving my DP P on at every match, I don't need to mess with the brightness too. Been doing it for 3 years now starting with my original DP. I replace my batteries before any majors. Good luck., 

18 hours ago, ShortBus said:

AGREED!!! That the one issue I have with it also. 

The damn pics were there when I hit submit.

I can't get these pics to load and it's not worth its if you would like to see these pics on me. 

I have 4 popple holes in my Hybrid barrel and I have no issues with a dirty lens using an Everglades mount. Plus it's centered far better than the Cheely mount.  

The holes in the frame from the Arradondo to the Cheely are the same as the Everglades mount.  I have found It's a standard setting between most builders.

Edited by a matt
Driving and trying to finish before the light changes

On 5/1/2017 at 2:23 PM, a matt said:

The damn pics were there when I hit submit.

I can't get these pics to load and it's not worth its if you would like to see these pics on me. 

I have 4 popple holes in my Hybrid barrel and I have no issues with a dirty lens using an Everglades mount. Plus it's centered far better than the Cheely mount.  

The holes in the frame from the Arradondo to the Cheely are the same as the Everglades mount.  I have found It's a standard setting between most builders.

Good to know thanks!

On 5/1/2017 at 1:17 AM, 36873687 said:

I been using the cover going stage to stage. Then it won't turn on. Flip battery up an put back in comes on. Any one have this issue. Going to start just leaving run on match day

I leave the cover on as well.  Sometimes it will turn off automatically but I just bump the gun with my hand and it comes right back up.  It is weird but not a big deal if you just slap and tickle the gun before you walk up.

And yes, off and on are a pain.  That is why I only do it and the beginning and end of the match.

Hope that helps