Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

Thought I would start a new thread on this so the actual content doesn't get lost.

I got my DPP and had a chance to practice with it this weekend. I think it is everything the RTS2 is and a lot more. Build quality is fantastic. The battery door and dot adjustment are simply genius. While only rated at 2.5 moa the dot appears MUCh bigger. In a side by side comparision of a slide ride with 8moa dot, the DPP was at least 50% brighter. So far this thing is tops shelf. Will it last is the only question that remains.

image2_zpsy1tfdjvz.jpg

image1_zpsivbmmqqr.jpg

image2_zpsy1tfdjvz.jpg

image3_zpszsnd6qaf.jpg

image4_zpscdkbu3vh.jpg

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be concerned the 2.5 min dot would be too small, but sounds like it is about right. Have you looked at the 7.5 triangle to compare?

I did. The triangle was huge to me. I have been using a 8moa cmore for 4 years and I think the 2.5 is gonna be just right since it is so bright.

I had the older DP before, and got rid of it fast, did not like it. I know this one is an improved version, but the cost barrier into trying it is too high, even though there have been some positive reports.

Also, my guns are using the SVI two-sided mounts, and Alex told me he currently has no plans for such mount for DPP. I mentioned to him that there seems to be good interest, and after all, the modification to his existing mount would be small, so perhaps, if more people ask him, he will oblige. :)

I hear what you are saying about the dot brightness, but I am hesitant to put down my $700 or whatever without first seeing it in bright sun.

I made a statement before about SV must think highly of the RTS2 to make a mount for it and the not DPpro. I too, would like to get the DPpro with a two sided mount such SV or Double Tap sports mount but both are only made for the RTS.

I like the Vortex Venom or whatever the name is with the 6 moa dot in it.

I wonder how they would hold up???

I would actually like to use it on my steel gun, not my USPSA gun. You can give up weight there because you have a steel grip.

I can't give up weight on my Open gun, I have a plastic grip.

Edited by bigboy69

From a spec sheet it looks like the SIG Romeo1 is going to be very comparable with the DeltaPoint-Pro but at a much better price point. It's a 3 MOA which concerned me but it's good to hear that the brightness is compensating for that. The Romeo1 is supposed to start shipping on guns in April with the adapter kit models following a couple months later.

Specs are strangely similar. Top load battery, click adjustments, motion activated, adjustable brightness, two piece mount to lock in the lenses. The only big difference I see is the name, and that the Romeo1 has a notch cut in the back like a rear iron sight versus the DPP that has an optional adjustable sight attachment.

Edited by alma

From a spec sheet it looks like the SIG Romeo1 is going to be very comparable with the DeltaPoint-Pro but at a much better price point. It's a 3 MOA which concerned me but it's good to hear that the brightness is compensating for that. The Romeo1 is supposed to start shipping on guns in April with the adapter kit models following a couple months later.

Specs are strangely similar. Top load battery, click adjustments, motion activated, adjustable brightness, two piece mount to lock in the lenses. The only big difference I see is the name, and that the Romeo1 has a notch cut in the back like a rear iron sight versus the DPP that has an optional adjustable sight attachment.

Wonder why they are so similar. LOL

I like the Vortex Venom or whatever the name is with the 6 moa dot in it.

I wonder how they would hold up???

I would actually like to use it on my steel gun, not my USPSA gun. You can give up weight there because you have a steel grip.

I can't give up weight on my Open gun, I have a plastic grip.

I just put a venom on my revolver. I'll be sure to report on it when I get some more time on it.

Wonder why they are so similar. LOL

Yeah, it's really strange. The Romeo3 looks just like an updated C-More RTS2 too. Small world in optics I guess. Edited by alma

• 3 weeks later...