Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

Anyone know about comparing this DPP to vortex Razor 6moa? I get razor for a good cost that's why I'm asking about the comparison. Let me know your experiences or thoughts. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of DP Pro red dots I am running on a pair of Glock 19 MOS pistols in CO.

The DP Pro has held zero over the month plus and 4,000 plus rounds I have through them. One big issue that is surfaced is battery life. I am getting about a week a battery in each Pro. Leupold told me six days is about right for frequent use. I am now replacing the battery before each match. By comparison, the battery is one of my RMR red dots has lasted multiple years. Rob Leatham told me his original DP (not Pro) battery has lasted multiple years.

I have a DP Pro with triangle on my open shotgun and it has around 1k rounds of 1300 fps bird and slugs through it. Never an issue and still on the first battery. I am sponsored by them but only because they are the best!!

I asked Kyle Lamb about the battery life since he has been running on his P320. He does have a business relationship with Leupold but here is his response:

"I have been using the DP Pro now for 1 1/2 years, the previous versions were Leupold Prototypes used on AR's and pistols. The average battery life if I were to make a guess would be 4-6 months, this is leaving it on and using it a lot. The current production version seems to be the same, I want to say 6+ months for sure. It is a far superior mini red dot sight to anything else on the market."

YMMV I'm sure

Who all is making a mount for these right now?

Arredondo & LimCat I know do.

Also Matt Cheely http://www.ccgunworks.com/store/shop/deltapoint-mount/ ; and for SVI, I've seen twice now posted on the Infinity group that the DP Pro works on their RTS2 mount if you remove the indexing pins.

Edited by trgt

Also Matt Cheely http://www.ccgunworks.com/store/shop/deltapoint-mount/ ; and for SVI, I've seen twice now posted on the Infinity group that the DP Pro works on their RTS2 mount if you remove the indexing pins.

That is the old DeltaPoint mount. The new one uses bigger screws. Same size at the RTS2. That being said, Cheely just made 10 mounts for Team Akai shooters for the Pro. We should have then in a week or so, so yes he is/can make them.

Has anyone tried to do the reverse, and put an RTS2 on the Arredondo mount? I know it comes with the little adapter plate, but that kinda defeats the purpose and beauty of the direct attachment and super low mounting...

That is the old DeltaPoint mount. The new one uses bigger screws. Same size at the RTS2. That being said, Cheely just made 10 mounts for Team Akai shooters for the Pro. We should have then in a week or so, so yes he is/can make them.

Of COURSE there is something new before I even use the ones I got last August, LOL (been playing carry optic ...) ... will the old Cheely mount work OK with DP PRO or any issues the new one addresses? (edit: OK, got 'new' ones on order, will compare when they come in, have both old and new DP)

Edited by trgt

I asked Kyle Lamb about the battery life since he has been running on his P320. He does have a business relationship with Leupold but here is his response:

"I have been using the DP Pro now for 1 1/2 years, the previous versions were Leupold Prototypes used on AR's and pistols. The average battery life if I were to make a guess would be 4-6 months, this is leaving it on and using it a lot. The current production version seems to be the same, I want to say 6+ months for sure. It is a far superior mini red dot sight to anything else on the market."[/size]

YMMV I'm sure[/size]

So how do you reconcile Kyle's statement with my experience with two new DP Pro optics, where I am going through a battery a week with a daily live and dry fire regimen, and the statement on the Leupold website that it only lasts 190 hours on high intensity?

I think if the dot is in automatic mode (i.e. adjusts brightness automatically) then it will switch off when the cover is on and also if it does not detect movement. My old DP did that, even switching off if I was walking around taping targets, as soon as I pull the gun out of the holster for LAMR then it would come back on.

The dot may also rarely go to full-brightness on the automatic setting, again this would save battery life.

I think if the dot is in automatic mode (i.e. adjusts brightness automatically) then it will switch off when the cover is on and also if it does not detect movement. My old DP did that, even switching off if I was walking around taping targets, as soon as I pull the gun out of the holster for LAMR then it would come back on.

The dot may also rarely go to full-brightness on the automatic setting, again this would save battery life.

There is no auto intensity mode on the Pro, you have to manually set intensity. The auto sleep mode is defeated by movement, per Leupold CS. Edited by GJM

"I have been using the DP Pro now for 1 1/2 years, the previous versions were Leupold Prototypes used on AR's and pistols. The average battery life if I were to make a guess would be 4-6 months, this is leaving it on and using it a lot. The current production version seems to be the same, I want to say 6+ months for sure. It is a far superior mini red dot sight to anything else on the market."[/size]

YMMV I'm sure[/size]

So how do you reconcile Kyle's statement with my experience with two new DP Pro optics, where I am going through a battery a week with a daily live and dry fire regimen, and the statement on the Leupold website that it only lasts 190 hours on high intensity?

I don't. Just passing on information provided by another source. I personally borrowed a slide with an older DeltaPoint and used it for a couple of months of dry fire and practice without changing the battery.