Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Tape

brownnutz

Anyone try Spray Grit from Brownells? I haven’t tried it on my guns but have used it on slick walking areas, running boards and it holds up pretty good on that. Just spray and let dry. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have hyperhidrosis, my palms sweat a lot.

Tried grip tapes, I like them, but they don't last long since my sweat eventually would make the tape come loose from the grip. Tried those liquid chalk, they can't seem to fight my sweat. Eventually I settled on a good old block of gym chalk. When at the match, I would apply it as often as necessary, one block lasts about a year.

At first I worried chalk particle would jam my pistols, but it turns out they're fine (Glock, CZ). I do carry a Giottos rocket air blaster in my range bag, to blow chalks off my optic (CO pistol).

I get the above concern about bathroom breaks, especially when there's no running water. (white powder on underwear) 😂

On 7/13/2020 at 7:18 PM, risingsun said:

I have hyperhidrosis, my palms sweat a lot.

Tried grip tapes, I like them, but they don't last long since my sweat eventually would make the tape come loose from the grip. Tried those liquid chalk, they can't seem to fight my sweat. Eventually I settled on a good old block of gym chalk. When at the match, I would apply it as often as necessary, one block lasts about a year.

At first I worried chalk particle would jam my pistols, but it turns out they're fine (Glock, CZ). I do carry a Giottos rocket air blaster in my range bag, to blow chalks off my optic (CO pistol).

I get the above concern about bathroom breaks, especially when there's no running water. (white powder on underwear) 😂

@risingsun I have hyperhidrosis as well and my dermatologist prescribed me robinul and it has helped a ton!

5 hours ago, Chappytactical said:

@risingsun I have hyperhidrosis as well and my dermatologist prescribed me robinul and it has helped a ton!

I've never seen a doctor about this, and also I've never heard of this robinul before. Is this the one?

https://www.rxlist.com/script/main/rxlist_view_comments.asp?drug=robinul&questionid=fdb12403_pem

How do you take it? Oral? Injection? And do you need to take it regularly, or can you just take it a few days before a match?

I've tried Carpe (https://www.mycarpe.com/) before, but it requires daily application and I just couldn't keep up with it.

On 7/18/2020 at 12:58 AM, risingsun said:

I've never seen a doctor about this, and also I've never heard of this robinul before. Is this the one?

https://www.rxlist.com/script/main/rxlist_view_comments.asp?drug=robinul&questionid=fdb12403_pem

How do you take it? Oral? Injection? And do you need to take it regularly, or can you just take it a few days before a match?

I've tried Carpe (https://www.mycarpe.com/) before, but it requires daily application and I just couldn't keep up with it.

It's an oral medication. I take it about two days before a match, but my sure you HYDRATE because it will dry out!  I also have the Qbrexa wipes prescribed too!  They WORK really well! I highly recommend taking both of these.  PM me with any questions. Hope this helps.

15 hours ago, Chappytactical said:

It's an oral medication. I take it about two days before a match, but my sure you HYDRATE because it will dry out!  I also have the Qbrexa wipes prescribed too!  They WORK really well! I highly recommend taking both of these.  PM me with any questions. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips, will definitely look into those 2 you mentioned!

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2020 at 2:48 AM, jim vaughan said:

Can you spray it onto your hands? This sounds interesting!

I'm pretty sure this would be an instant regret having Epoxy based adhesive on your hands. There are multiple problems with this including some possible toxicity issues. 

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have been using skate board tape for years - works well and is inexpensive. Easy to change out when worn. Go to local skate rink or store that sells skate boards. They should have sheets of it- maybe 10" x 3 feet for about $10. Cut with a scissors to fit or make a template and then cut it. If the surface is too rough gently pass a file over it until it is to your liking. Then you are in business.

• 2 weeks later...

Stair no slip tape also works well. Mostly I use the black sandpaper type but I also came across a grey rubber type tape. Yep it isn't forever, but each time I clean the pistol, I check the tape. If it has started sliding out of position I replace it. Not a big deal.