Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 AR-BDC reticle

S&W686

I have been thinking about getting this scope and would like to know if anyone has any experience with the scope. I would like to know how it works at short distance and targets up to 300 yards. Thank you.

Edited by S&W686

Never shot one, but at the store when I looked through one I didn't particularly like. For the price point I suppose it isn't bad, but the eyebox and eye relief weren't great and the reticle on 1x had a ton of fisheye.

I have been thinking about getting this scope and would like to know if anyone has any experience with the scope. I would like to know how it works at short distance and targets up to 300 yards. Thank you.

I do not mind shooting the Strike Eagle. I had no problem blasting targets at close range and then throwing the switchview over to reach out and touch 200 to 300 yards. I also did not have any problems with the eyebox and relief; the BDC matched up to my loads pretty closely. Switching between magnifications with the switchview lever was a little easier when I compared it to the Razor HD 1-6 (maybe it was because the Razor is brand new - only time will tell).

I will have to agree with SubOrbital above and mention there is some fisheye at 1x - it didn't bother me too much though.

Edited by slbrugby

I have the Razor and Strike eagle on different rifles. I run both but the Razor gets more range time. The strike eagle is a winner due to the lighter weight and price. The drop lines work good enough for 3gun. My next scope will be anothe strike eagle. What it may lack when compared to other it well makes up for in price and weight savings.