Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back surgery

Sarge

Finalized everything today. I'll go under the knife June 1st for lower back surgery. Herniated disc and arthritic buildup in the 4-5 area.

Supposedly the MRI indicates it should be pretty straight forward and not as bad as most. Just going to free up space for the nerve. Hopefully no more hip & leg pain and I can get off the meds!

Finalized everything today. I'll go under the knife June 1st for lower back surgery. Herniated disc and arthritic buildup in the 4-5 area.

Supposedly the MRI indicates it should be pretty straight forward and not as bad as most. Just going to free up space for the nerve. Hopefully no more hip & leg pain and I can get off the meds!

Did that 2.5 years ago,yes it will be allot worse than they say,took me >2yrs to actually feel like I'll be me again,Good luck, just keep working at it. Let us know how your doing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had major back surgery last May at the age of 28. Back pain sucks and I truly hope the surgery fixes it for you.

You're gonna have to do therapy a lot and never stop. It's a grind. Don't put other things ahead of your health. Shooting, hobbies and all that will be there later. It was really hard for me to give it up for a long period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm getting much less done than you all probably did.

The incision will be the worst of it unless something goes wrong. Basically the least invasive of the surgeries. Just cleaning up the channel that's pinching the nerve. I have talked to a few others who had it done and getting back to work/play ranged from 3 to 6 weeks.

I'm optimistic I will be shooting by late July!!

I think I'm getting much less done than you all probably did.

The incision will be the worst of it unless something goes wrong. Basically the least invasive of the surgeries. Just cleaning up the channel that's pinching the nerve. I have talked to a few others who had it done and getting back to work/play ranged from 3 to 6 weeks.

I'm optimistic I will be shooting by late July!!

Yes that's what they told me a little Microdyctomy 'spelling' ended with a fusion and yes cleaning the channel of arthritis and bone spurs ,Not getting your hopes up, than being happy it's better than you thought, your still young enough, for recovery. who's doing your work?

Good luck with the surgery!

I am just now starting to deal with this same issue. I've had to drop out of my last 2 matches this month due to the pain in my right hip and leg. I'm currently taking an anti-inflammatory and doing physical therapy. I have good days and bad days.

The Doc wanted to treat me with Prednisone first but that stuff makes feel like I'm recovering from the worst hangover I ever had after having drank too much red wine. If these anti-inflammatories don't work, the Prednisone will be next and I am not looking forward to it.

• 2 months later...

Ugh... This sucks. Came out of surgery 12 hours ago. Those of you with this experience know exactly how it feels right now.

Doc said all went very well even though compression on the nerve was worse than MRI suggested.

Hope to go home tomorrow evening.

Ugh... This sucks. Came out of surgery 12 hours ago. Those of you with this experience know exactly how it feels right now.

Doc said all went very well even though compression on the nerve was worse than MRI suggested.

i don't know since when you're in pain related to the pinched nerve, but it seems all over now . i know some endured the pain for years before deciding on a surgery. the relief after the surgery is like being born again loll

It sucked ,the clean out took 5 hours 5,days until I could go home,initially it felt better after a 10 day of the paint train,until I started therapy week 5 ,realized how easy it was to piss of the lower back,lots of feet ,leg pain, 2 years later ,better,slow go ,hope yours is smooth,plus never lift anything over 50 pounds ,it can happen again.My sunny ongoing recovery . Good luck

Hi Sarge,

I'm new to the forum, so that should explain the late reply.

I had an L4-L5, L5-S1Laminectomy in 1994 at the age of 36. 3 days in hospital, 6 weeks at home recovering. I went back to work in a permanently limited capacity. My doctor gave me permanent restrictions of "25 pounds, pushing, pulling, lifting, or straining".

22 years later it's not great, but at least I'm not in a wheelchair. If you have any questions about it feel free to EM me.

I sincerely wish you the best in your recovery and future. It won't be easy, but ... watta ya' gonna do.

Good Luck.