Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USP45C questions

jrswanson1

Long story, I got a used one today. Came with two magazines. I realized after I got home with it, that I have no 45 ACP ammunition. Seems I used it all up testing another pistol and haven't stocked up. Anyway, I'm going to order some bullets since I'm a reloader. Normally, I'd be buying 200gr LSWC, but since this is an HK, I'm going to have to go with something else. So what bullets are recommended for this if I'm shooting it in IDPA Concealed Class? Can I use coated bullets, or do I have to use plated or jacketed bullets? Any preferred weight? I've got primers, powder, and brass, I'd like to use the same ammunition in this as I would my SA Range Officer full size 1911, which has no problems eating LSWC or any other profile bullet. Thanks.

I bought a Police-surplus USP .45 full size awhile ago, and have put an assortment of different ammo through it. One thing I have shot a lot of in it is 200gr LSWC ammo, but most of that I cast myself, and they were a lot harder than most.

You seem to have worries over shooting Lead or plated in the HK polygonal bore. I have seen the warning with Glocks, but not seen it with HKs.

Regardless of the above, I would not shoot a class with anything less than ammo I trusted to work 100%. In short, I would use FMJs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...