Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Starlight 3 Gun-Marble Falls, TX

The 2016 Starlight 3 Gun Championship will be held at the Copperhead Creek Shooting Club just outside Marble Falls, Texas November 8-12, 2016. The 8-9 will be the reserved for the Staff Match and overflow. The main match will be the 10-12. This year we will have 8 stages, plus a shoot off on Saturday night. I flew down to Texas at the end of January to take a look at the range and meet the locals. I'm really looking forward to this year. We'll be able to do a lot of things here that we haven't before. Expect this to be the biggest night time 3 gun match ever. Great stages, great food, live band, lights, lasers and gun shots, what could be better?

Registration will open on April 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM Pacific on Practiscore. I'll post a link a little closer to that date. You'll be able to register at that time and a payment link will be sent soon after. You'll need to pay within 30 days of registering or your entry will be deleted. If there is a problem, or you think you'll have a sponsored slot, just let me know and I'll work with you. My email is chuck@andersontactical.com I don't want to drop anyone, but if I don't hear from you, either a payment or an email saying why, I'm assuming you don't want to go.

Information will be posted at www.starlight3gun.com You can find more information about the venue at http://www.copperheadclub.com/ Hotels in the area are pretty expensive I'm finding. I would suggest booking as soon as possible. If you don't get in you can always cancel later. We'll have a small block of rooms available, but I won't know how many until we get staffing sorted out.

Timney Triggers is back as our presenting sponsor, as well as our two additional premier sponsors, the NSSF and Sig Sauer from last year.

Chuck Anderson is MD and Travis Gibson is the Rangemaster.

• 2 weeks later...

ATTN!!! We’re currently looking for RO’s for the Starlight 3 Gun match which will be held at the Copperhead Creek Range outside of Austin the 10-12 of November.

Unlike last year, staff WILL shoot for score and they WILL walk the prize table in order of finish, be eligible for prizes, and will also get a “SWAG BAG” (contents TBD, but based on what everyone got last year, we’re pretty sure there will be some great stuff in there).

Schedule:

Set up crew will need to be on site at noon on the 6th. This is will be fairly easy to set up and we expect to be 95% by the evening of the 7th and 100% by noon on the 8th.

All staff will shoot the RO/VIP match on the 8th and 9th and will need to be at the RO meeting at 13:00 on the 8th.

Shooters will shoot the match 10-12.

For working the match, you’ll receive free entry into the match (and walk prize table in order of finish), $200 for travel expenses, hotels will be covered, and you will be fed dinner November 8-12.

If you’d like to apply to work this event, please cut and paste the information below, fill it out, and e mail it to bigcheeze@mgmironman.com We will be reviewing applications and making final decisions in the next 30 days. If you’re interested in working, please let me know asap so we can get this nailed down. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Name:

E mail:

Phone:

Position you’d like to work (choose all that apply): Set Up CRO RO Tear Down Mr. “Fix it”

Room mate requests (yes, you’ll be sharing a room with another staff member):

Matches you’ve worked in the past and in what capacity:

Adios,

TG

Chuck, having seen that there are 16 squads for 8 stages, I was wondering how the match is going to be run. Is it going to be an on/off setup (1--8 start first, 9--16 follow them or some such)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...