Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Todd Louis Green of Pistol Forum has passed away

latenightlegend

I didn't know the man personally but I learned a lot from him over the years via his web page (pistol-training.com) and email exchanges that we had.

Julie Golob had a post on Facebook this morning then I found this was posted on his web page:

Our friend and mentor Todd Louis Green passed away due to cancer at 2AM on Tuesday March 15th, 2016. He would have preferred that any donations be made to Rampage for the Cure and that he be remembered by a good range day with friends.

We are diminished.

RIP Todd.

it was a sad sad day. I knew he'd been hit hard again by the cancer recently but we'd expected a bit more time with him. He is at peace now though, I will do my best to continue to learn and grow as a shooter as he showed me how on his trips up here. Great guy, great friend, great shooter and of course a great instructor. He will be missed.

I took a class with him in Rhode Island a number of years ago. He was a fantastic instructor: entertaining, never afraid to step up to the line and always willing to accept that others might have better techniques. He was a big time tactical instructor but also a champion of the shooting sports.

I botched one of his drills drurring the class and my penance was to shoot a 1" square from 7yds while he tried to screw with me. I drilled the the center of the 1" square and he bought me lunch as a reward. He later told me he was very impressed I was able to make that shot under pressure. It's one of my fondest shooting memories.

f*#k cancer. RIP Todd