Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGD light and medium hammer springs

Honeybooboo

Tanfoglio Xtreme Hammer Spring, designed to fit the Xtreme parts, but also will be working on the OEM parts.

2 weights available:

Medium: 15,5 lbs, recommended for any factory ammunitions.

Light: 13,8 lbs, recommended for hand loaded ammunitions, mays also work for some factory ammunitions

It is recommended that you take the Xtreme Firing Pin Spring of the same rate than the Xtreme Hammer Spring in order to optimize the ignition of your ammos.

IPSC Production Legal

Im using the Wolff 14#.....love it

Mj

That was my plan but heard that the EGD springs are "better." I have the EGD medium mainspring and firing pin spring, henning firing pin and guide rod. Was going to bring my stock 2 to the gunsmith this week to have it polished up and springs put in but may have to get that wolf 14lb first if the EGD medium springs won't make much of a difference.

Mj

That was my plan but heard that the EGD springs are "better." I have the EGD medium mainspring and firing pin spring, henning firing pin and guide rod. Was going to bring my stock 2 to the gunsmith this week to have it polished up and springs put in but may have to get that wolf 14lb first if the EGD medium springs won't make much of a difference.

Get 2 Wolff 14#

1 for the experiment....

The Wolff 14# is shorter than all of them ....... therefore you won't feel much stacking and also can cut coils until you reach your perfect spring that will always do Bang with your load.

Then use the spare one knowing how many coils for sure you need to trim ;)

Mj

Thanks. So I guess that medium isn't much lighter than stock.

The medium spring makes for a clearly noticeable lighter trigger pull than stock, IMHO. But the light spring is a breeze.

I guess I'll have to try it then and see. The medium spring combined with a 20lb plunger spring, and polishing I'm hoping to get the single action down to 3-3.5lbs.

Why not get the light spring too and see if it works with the primers and ammunition you use? I'm using the light spring in combination with the Xtreme Firing Pin and it set off most of the primers out there.

Don't forget to get the matching firing pin springs.

However, if you're just shooting single action, the hammer spring does not make that big a difference if you have a good polish and lube. Actually, a stronger spring can make for a crisper SA break. The hammer spring is mostly to get a smooth DA pull.

Why not get the light spring too and see if it works with the primers and ammunition you use? I'm using the light spring in combination with the Xtreme Firing Pin and it set off most of the primers out there.

However, if you're just shooting single action, the hammer spring does not make that big a difference if you have a good polish and lube. Actually, a stronger spring can make for a crisper SA break. The hammer spring is mostly to get a smooth DA pull.

Not sure of where there's the light springs in stock.

Mj

What firing pin spring do you use in combination with a 14# hammer spring? Light or medium Xtreme firing pin spring?
The ones that come with the Wolff Recoil package

Mj

Not sure of where there's the light springs in stock.
Patriot Defense has them in stock.

I found the stacking sensation is reduced by polishing the hammer spring, strut, spring HOLE in the frame, as well as the holes in the hammer and the pins that hold the disco and strut. Also polish the place on the trigger bow where the disco wing is held in DA.

I've flipped and flopped on which is better, Light or wolf 13#. One thing is that the stacking with the wolf was INITIALLY worse, but after a couple thousand dry fires was the same or less than the light EG spring. Then again, I polished it inside and out...

Want to hear a "funny"? I bought some "great deal" primers. But they "no go boom" with the light, 13, 14, medium, 15, 16, or stock springs. At least not reliably. I got 85-90% at 18# hammer spring/ factory FP spring and 97-98% with a ......(drum roll please).... 22# hammer spring and the factory FP spring.

. In case you're wondering, that results in a 14.5# da trigger and a 4 1/4# SA. Yeah.... not a fan of those primers! The few percent that don't fire are random SA and DA and they don't fire even with repeated SA hits. And for those that wonder, the gun has the Titan hammer, EG sear, EG firing pin, T3 disco and the firing pin safety was removed after failing to ignite with the 14# hammer spring (it's still out). It was near 100% in thousands of rounds with CCI, Winchester and S&B primers prior to lucking in to "this great deal". Yeah.... didn't save much there, did I? lol.

S&B primers have not gone off reliably with my light xtreme spring, about 1 in 200 does not go off. Every single one of my Fiocchi primers has ignited on first try and Geco factory ammunition has also been 100%.

I found the stacking sensation is reduced by polishing the hammer spring, strut, spring HOLE in the frame, as well as the holes in the hammer and the pins that hold the disco and strut. Also polish the place on the trigger bow where the disco wing is held in DA.

I've flipped and flopped on which is better, Light or wolf 13#. One thing is that the stacking with the wolf was INITIALLY worse, but after a couple thousand dry fires was the same or less than the light EG spring. Then again, I polished it inside and out...

Want to hear a "funny"? I bought some "great deal" primers. But they "no go boom" with the light, 13, 14, medium, 15, 16, or stock springs. At least not reliably. I got 85-90% at 18# hammer spring/ factory FP spring and 97-98% with a ......(drum roll please).... 22# hammer spring and the factory FP spring.

. In case you're wondering, that results in a 14.5# da trigger and a 4 1/4# SA. Yeah.... not a fan of those primers! The few percent that don't fire are random SA and DA and they don't fire even with repeated SA hits. And for those that wonder, the gun has the Titan hammer, EG sear, EG firing pin, T3 disco and the firing pin safety was removed after failing to ignite with the 14# hammer spring (it's still out). It was near 100% in thousands of rounds with CCI, Winchester and S&B primers prior to lucking in to "this great deal". Yeah.... didn't save much there, did I? lol.

What do you think I'll be at with the trigger weights with the medium springs and polishing?

7 to 7 1/2-ish da, sa won't go up much if all the bits are polished well.

I don't "know" for sure, but it felt like polishing all the parts of the sear assembly helped the sa. (Pins, holes, etc) But not the sear face as rumor has it it's only surface hard. But each gun seems to have it's personality, so your results can be different.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, zorance said:

Do you now what weight factory hammer and firing spring come in stock 3 xtreme?

A fully polished gun will have a trigger pull weight around 8 pounds with the Medium.

A gun fitted with the Light? At or under 6 pounds.

I can't say what an IPSC-compliant "no internal polishing" gun's trigger would weigh. I polished mine before doing any testing.