Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First AR Build

Kungfurabbit

I'm building my first AR and hope to use in competition.

I'd appreciate any recommendations or feedback anyone may have.

Components -

Loki 18" double fluted barrel

15" AP customs slotted carbon fiber handguard

Magpul STR Lower Build KiT

PSA AR15 .223/5.56 Nitride/QPQ BCG

Anderson upper/lower receivers

Hiperfire 24C trigger

Vortex Strike Eagle scope w/ primary arms mount

SJC Titan comp

Edited by Kungfurabbit

Unless you already have the handguard, I'd look into other options since AP is no longer in business.

Already have the AP customs handguard. Got a good deal on it. Have emailed Rhino Arms to see if they'll honor the warantee.

It's a handguard. If you already have it what difference does it make if the company is in business or not? Might as well use it.

Oh, it'll be used. The comment about them being out of business came as a surprise since they're now Rhino Arms. Knew about Loki, wasn't sure about AP Customs

I second at least checking the magwell fit. Last AR I built I used Anderson and it's tight with Magpul mags. If you haven't already installed the LPK you might want to go with a different lower, or open up the magwell and refinish the inside. Metal mags are fine, just pmags are tight on mine.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Adjustable gas block and a low mass BCG if you're going to shoot it for competition. I have a friend that owns his own shop and he makes BCG's for a lot of AR manufacturers. He offers a light weight BCG for a great price. PM if you're interested