Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 shooter from Idaho

twalker2010

Hey y'all, my name is Taylor and I am a college student in Idaho. I have been shooting USPSA for 2 years now and will be travelling down to SLC for the area 1 championship this May. I shoot production and toy around in limited minor. it seems like this year is the year that it is cool to shoot limited minor.

I recently put a new trigger in my CZ SP-01 to make it like the shadow, is this legal or will i need to shoot limited?

any advice on this topic would be appreciated.

I recently put a new trigger in my CZ SP-01 to make it like the shadow, is this legal or will i need to shoot limited?

any advice on this topic would be appreciated.

what kind of trigger? if it came off a cz (even a different production approved model), you will be fine.

Shooting in southern Idaho in general is great !! Twin falls we shoot uspsa 1st and 3rd sat of the month and 3 gun the 4th sat ... There is also matches in nampa and Emmett 2 hours to the east from twin and matches in Idaho falls 2 hours to the west of twin ... So u can shoot a match every weekend of the month all within a few hours of home :)

Hey chips0410. I'm possibly moving from south africa to twin falls later this year. What is the shooting like in that part of the world?

uh-oh, the sarcasm quotient in idaho may increase.

Jerome (a few mins from twin) has a really nice range. I rarely get up there because we have so much shooting right around boise, but I'd like to shoot there more often.

Thanks for the info...

It's all sounding good :)

Do the ranges generally charge for private practice time, or is access for training built into an annual club fee (here i can drive a mile or so to our club range and practice for free whenever I want - but maybe that's a rare luxury I'm going to have to sacrifice)

Sent by Jedi mind control

Edited by CZinZA

I think I've now hijacked Taylor's thread good and proper. That will teach him to be young and full of potential - unlike the rest of us decrepit old timers

Do the ranges generally charge for private practice time, or is access for training built into an annual club fee (here i can drive a mile or so to our club range and practice for free whenever I want - but maybe that's a rare luxury I'm going to have to sacrifice)

generally you have to be a member in order to practice, but there's no charge other than joining the club. It's pretty exorbitant too. Nampa charges $100 year, emmett is only like $25. Not sure what jerome charges but I'm sure it's reasonable. You might check out idahoguntalk.com forum for more info.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to checking out the ranges.

I work in the sugar industry, so going to work for Amalgamated (provided the visa comes through)

• 7 months later...
Oh and the range is about 15-20 min from twin falls

Hi Chips0410,

I'm a resident of Twin Falls now, and a member of MVPSA (although I don't even own a gun yet).

I now need advice on where to buy reloading supplies (powder, bullets, cases). Where do you usually do your shopping for that sort of thing?

Thanks
Steve

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

Hi Chips0410,

I'm a resident of Twin Falls now, and a member of MVPSA (although I don't even own a gun yet).

I now need advice on where to buy reloading supplies (powder, bullets, cases). Where do you usually do your shopping for that sort of thing?

Thanks
Steve

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

Welcome to the area! I run leatherhead bullets in my pcc and cArry optics gun which I either order online or buy from hawktech in Boise the owners are great people and do a lot for the local shooting community. As far my open gun bullets I order them online from precision delta. For powder, primers, presses and anything else competition shooting wise i highly suggest hawktech arms in Boise which is only few hour drive .. also idaho custom arms and ammo carrys sti's and some bulllets and brass....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk