Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Grip for Smaller Hands. Which one?

IrishPsych

I've held but never shot a 2011. In process of sourcing s grip and wanted to get thoughts on which for smaller hands.

I have an xdm 5.25 with small blackstrap and love it. I do have a CZ tactical sport that fits find with a longer safety lever. Would a standard or smaller DVC STI grip be good?

My wife has VERY small hands. Thin grips on her SS gun, small backstrap on her M&P.

Just built her an Open gun and got a Extra Small grip from Jason at Extreme Shooters.

That with a Mitchell right side mag release, short trigger and a Low Pad thumb safety

seems to fit her tiny hands just fine.

My wife has VERY small hands. Thin grips on her SS gun, small backstrap on her M&P.

Just built her an Open gun and got a Extra Small grip from Jason at Extreme Shooters.

That with a Mitchell right side mag release, short trigger and a Low Pad thumb safety

seems to fit her tiny hands just fine.

Same here, small back strap on the M&P, ultra thin aluminum grips on the CZ and the Extreme Shooters extra small (double undercut) grip fits her perfect.

• 2 months later...

If you aren't stuck on the polymer grips, the Infinity Signature - Infinity Enhanced Ergonomics (IEE) grips is one of the smallest out there. They aren't cheap, but they are very nice. You really have to handle and shoot with one to truly appreciate them. I guess that could be said for all of the above grips listed. Grips are such a personal thing, only you can decide what is right for you. Attend a few matches, see what fellow shooters are using. Try as many as you can. Make an educated decision. Shooters, in general, are an accommodating lot. I've let more than a few shooters try my pistols, rifles and shotguns.

SVI%20Signature%20Grip.jpg

Yeah, I guess to further elaborate, the undercut is amazing. It's just different from the standard undercuts on similar pistols. I have a PT aluminum grip too and it's not the same (nice) but just different.

I guess it's alot of things that add up though. The undercut + the small ergo hump at the back + the signature beavertail blending in... it all makes for a small in hand beefy solid grip. I can only describe it as quality.

The ck arms grip is reduced in size compared to the srandard polymer grip. That with a short sti trigger and it may be the ticket for you.

I just had Bobby fit one on my 2011 and it definitely is smaller then the stock sti polymer grip.

• 2 years later...