Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Keanu Reeves receives 3gun training from TT

BigBamBoo

Impressive. Nice to see that. 3Gun practice/training can really help actors action sequences when filming. Not to mention...it is damn fun!

Now I know why I enjoyed the 'John Wick' movie so much. The CQB action was great!

I didn't like the way he put the rifle down and swung it on the sling behind his back breaking the 180 with the muzzle sweeping the camera man. DQ!

+1

There are no DQ's in Hollywood. You guys realize this is just training for a movie right?

I didn't like the way he put the rifle down and swung it on the sling behind his back breaking the 180 with the muzzle sweeping the camera man. DQ!

+1

There are no DQ's in Hollywood. You guys realize this is just training for a movie right?

You realize a hot rifle pointed in an unsafe direction is bad in any circumstance right?

Maybe bad, but it doesn't result in a DQ from someone's (Tarans, or whoevers) backyard.

ETA: I'll believe Keanu is shooting 3 gun when somebody shows me some Practiscore match results to prove it. Till then he's movie training. Not many 3 gun matches have hot re holstering or hot rifle slinging, and without watching the video again to confirm I'm assuming he ran in front of that hot shotgun at some point. All that stuff happens plenty in movies.

I like and appreciate all the rules we follow at matches but you really can't go all range lawyer on people who are operating outside our rule system. Or maybe you can...

I suddenly can't wait to walk around the woods next fall DQ'ing all the hunters sweeping each other with their fingers on triggers and guns off safe. I'll let you guys know how they respond...

Edited by TonytheTiger

Frosted flakes....Their.....GREAT!!!!!

Actor shooting that well.... (yeah we don't see the hits)......their GREAT!!

My amigo Taran for training them up.....he's GREAT!!!

(All said in the "breakfast cereal" character voice)

Frosted flakes....Their.....GREAT!!!!!

Actor shooting that well.... (yeah we don't see the hits)......their GREAT!!

My amigo Taran for training them up.....he's GREAT!!!

(All said in the "breakfast cereal" character voice)

Nice shooting though!

Mike

In the tactical world he did everything right. When you reach bolt lock or a malfunction, you dump the primary and go straight to the secondary. For a 50 yrs old man, and an actor he ran it like a champ. Mad respect to Taran for training him right. Mad respect to Keenau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point was it was unsafe practice for anyone using live ammo. I knew he was practicing for the movie but the person using the camera had what looked like a hot weapon pointed in his direction.

Mike

My point was it was unsafe practice for anyone using live ammo. I knew he was practicing for the movie but the person using the camera had what looked like a hot weapon pointed in his direction.

Mike

Yep, that was bad.

I have no dog in this fight, but people on wearing tactical shoes will argue that safe conditions for square ranges don't apply in "real world". If you rifle goes down or runs dry in a middle of a fight and there is no handy blue barrel then you keep it and sweep whoever to get back in the fight. As the video is that of training for a movie where that is the sort of thing that might happen, lets not assume that safety rules are the same.

I kinda get what they are saying, There is no 180 in an actual gun fight, or so I'm told. If you are trying to make a "realistic" movie ...

Nice shooting though!

Mike

In the tactical world he did everything right. When you reach bolt lock or a malfunction, you dump the primary and go straight to the secondary. For a 50 yrs old man, and an actor he ran it like a champ. Mad respect to Taran for training him right. Mad respect to Keenau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep... As much as I like 3 gun, work training comes first. Aside from slinging on his back (unless he was black on ammo), nothing he really did is out of the scope of tactical training application.

And as far as muzzling the cameraman, that is not taught really anywhere. No one wants someone shot, even on very non-linear ranges. I have shot at many 360 ranges that are managed appropriately where no one gets muzzled. That is one primary reason why MOST people teach to never sling a hot rifle on the back during a transition. It almost always gets dropped on safe on the front of the shooter then transition. I can see why he slung to the rear though based on the course of fire with the amount of movement with pistol then shotgun though. Not something I would do, or teach though...

Guys relax, it's not a shooting match!

He's an actor and not even shooting real bullets or real guns, they are prop guns that shoot blanks.

There are small explosives on the targets that make them look like they are being hit.

No I'm not being serious but you guys seriously need to stop nit picking these kind of videos.

It's getting f@©#ing old.