Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

REDDING DUAL RING CARBIDE DECAPPER/SIZER DIE

Eliboudreaux

Might have to try it. Do you have a part number or link to the specific die you bought?

I've been using Lee U dies on 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP. They all work fine except for the 40. The 40 looks like your first pic.

• 1 month later...

There's no setback if the relevant portion of the case is adequately sized. Excessive sizing doesn't make it better. What it does is shorten brass life and add resistance when working the press.

• 4 weeks later...

Works good for me. Seems to be a little less effort in running the press, no bullet setback, and no muffin top.

There's no setback if the relevant portion of the case is adequately sized. Excessive sizing doesn't make it better. What it does is shorten brass life and add resistance when working the press.

So does the Dual Ring Die make the press easier or harder to cycle???

I stopped using my EGW U-die because I thought it was harder to cycle, even with case lube. I would be interested in trying this die as it would be faster than running all my competition brass through the G-Rx

The dual ring makes it easier to cycle the press. The second quote refers to full length sizing with an undersize die like a Lee U-die. That adds resistance and makes it harder to operate the press. I load 12-15k rounds at a time on a 1050, and the difference with the dual ring is definitely noticeable.

The dual ring makes it easier to cycle the press. The second quote refers to full length sizing with an undersize die like a Lee U-die. That adds resistance and makes it harder to operate the press. I load 12-15k rounds at a time on a 1050, and the difference with the dual ring is definitely noticeable.

thanks for the clarification

• 1 month later...

If it's not too much trouble could someone with this die post the measurements of the middle and bottom of the case where it has been sized?

Looking to see if my coke bottle type rounds can be cured.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Interesting... I have loaded over 23,000 .40 s&w rounds with a EGW U-Die on a 1050... I've had good results, but the handle is fairly hard to pull... and I get the normal coke bottle shape shown it the top picture above... they shoot fine, so I never worried about it... I use the U-Die mainly to eliminate the Glock buldge at the bottom of the case... I'm happy with the U-Die, but wouldn't mind something easier to pull...

die_tic2.jpg

This image is from the Redding site...

Is there a lip/transformation in the brass between the two carbide rings? It appears that the carbide rings are in a cage... and that the cage can be raised and lowered by the knob at the top of the die...

Does it take a standard decapping pin? ...or something special?