Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vogel Dynamics Glock Sights

J-Rob

I would try them if I didn't already have so many different kinds. TTI's are about the same except Taran doesn't offer his rear in .150 wide. Warren doesn't offer a .220 tall front. Dawson offers about any size you can think off but I never liked the shape of his fixed rears. Right now I'm running TTI's, if I want a wider rear I just put on a Warren. If I was just starting out I would get them, the .220 front height is about perfect for all the reasons he stated in the article. Although I think .225 to .230 front height is better for the g34. I believe at some time Bob was running TTI's and also the Warrens.

They look like the Sevigny Competition sight made by Warren but with serrations on the rear sight.Wish I had seen these a couple weeks ago I would have bought them instead of the Sevignys to put on a police trade in 17 I picked up.

• 3 weeks later...

Got them last week. If you get them you will probably need a sight pusher to install. Really tight on slide. Finish could be nicer, maybe prone to rust so keep oiled. Shot one match but did not check poi poa. But hits were pretty much right on. I sent Bob a message and asked if he was going to make different front heights he said maybe in the future. He said that on the 10 glocks that he has them on they all shot to poi poa. He said he likes his hits to be high. Because most no shoots and hard cover are below the a zone, shooters tend to hit low at speed, and head shots with no shoots below your better to miss than to miss and get a no shoot if you hit low. Also on plate shots you can hold lower on the plate and see more of it because there is more plate above the sight. I'm shooting a match Sunday where I'll be able to test poi. All in all I'm glad I got them.

No, but what he did say, was with a group at 3 inches at 25 yds being really good, any shot below a horizontal line he would not use those sights. When I go to my match Sunday I'm going to try that. I'm not really sure what he meant by that. But I'm going to put a piece of tape across a target, then maybe an inch or so above it an aiming point and see what his sights do. Besides our uspsa match they are having a steel challenge, do well see what happens when I aim for the bottom third of all the steel.

• 2 weeks later...

I also picked up a set last week. I put them on my G34 gen 4. Like rooster said, it is a very tight fit. This is the first FO sight I've ever shot and so far I love it.. I'm way more accurate with it, the stock adjustable sights were horrible for me. I've got about 100 rounds through the gun with them and they do hit a wee bit high, but not enough to bother me. I even got 2 friends to start saving for a set for their glocks. Hopefully next week I'll get a chance to get back into USPSA matches and try them out.

So far I've had no low hits below poa. The rear notch is .150 wide, which for me is a little too wide. Last night I put on a Warren rear that I had with a .130 wide notch and I filed the notch to .130 deep like Vogel's. I still haven't had a chance to sight in at 25 yds to see where the impact is but so far my hits have been pretty good. You have to remember that glocks can hit different between same guns, so mine might hit high for me but could be different for you. Robert did say that on 10 of his guns they all shot above poa.

Some other considerations. If you already have a rear sight the likes of Warrens or Tarrans, you might consider just changing the front sight to .220, If you like the longer depth of the rear notch just file it deeper. Vogels sights are not that much different from what is already out there. He serrates his rear, deepens the notch and uses a shorter front. I wouldn't file Tarrans notch deeper because his sights are stainless steel with a special coating. I filed my notch deeper on the Warrens that I had and just reblued it. The only reason I switched to the Warrens is I had a rear that had a notch of .130 wide and Vogels are .150. I just wanted to try a narrower rear if I don't like I will go back. That's what's nice having a sight pusher, I can swap out in just a few minutes and put it exactly where it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, So i see all the comments on these sights hitting high. No one is mentioning the bullet weight they are shooting or the loading of 9mm at all.

I just ordered these for my brand new Gen 4 34 and plan on loading 124/5 gr bullets.

Anyone have any feedback on the ammo used that is shooting high with these sights?

I run 124's, I have Bob's shooting videos and he said he uses 147's.  The 147's will print a little higher.  I been running his front with a TTI rear.  This is the combination I've been running now for awhile.  Hits are pretty much poa poi at 25.  Just ordered some 147's when they come in I'm going to try them.

I've used Dawson sights predominately for years and occasionally some others (Zev, TTI and Trijicon night sights).  Switched this year to the Vogel Dynamics.  Wish I would have embraced the wider rear notch/lower front sight concept much earlier-it seems to provide much more visual input.  Yes, the POI will vary based on bullets/gun, as with any fixed sight.

• 1 month later...
What am I overlooking here.  Stock glock sights are .256 rear, and .165 front.  The stock rear is pretty clost to the V rear sight, however the V front sight is a bit taller than stock glock but yet most seem to think the V sights shoot high.  Seems with the taller front site POI would be lower.

Edited by cgrivois