Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many matches do you shoot per month?

garbanzo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 to 8 per month. Weekly indoor practice match on Tuesday nights, which usually consist of 4 stages. 1 match per weekend

varying from steel challange, Icore, USPSA, and some IDPA when none of the others is available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I used to shoot two matches a week and one day of live fire.  Now I'm restricted to other people getting me to the range and I shoot one match per month but still get to practice twice a week do to my great friend that picks me up every  Friday and a caregiver driving me to the local indoor range one day.  When I was a Pro Archer I practiced about 3 hours every day and then a league and matches throughout the month.  I miss that.  Wish I could be that devoted again.

• 2 months later...

usually 10 per month.

our group hosts at least 12/mo. with 1 of those being USPSA which I don't shoot (yet)

the 3 outdoor matches usually have 8 stages and the USPSA is outdoor with at least 6 stages but more targets.

Once a month from Sun - Sat there are 4 matches with the USPSA shoot on the 8th day for a 5th match in 8 days.

6 hours ago, StratRider said:

usually 10 per month.

our group hosts at least 12/mo. with 1 of those being USPSA which I don't shoot (yet)

Careful. When you finally try a USPSA match, IDPA is going to begin to get awfully boring.

Voice of experience.

On 7/28/2017 at 3:44 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Careful. When you finally try a USPSA match, IDPA is going to begin to get awfully boring.

Voice of experience.

USPSA is getting mighty tempting - just for the experience.

I appreciate the part of IDPA that is geared toward concealed carry and what could actually happen in real world - but the competitive part of me sees the gamers and does a few things to finish higher up every time.

Often I have said that many in IDPA are using guns they would not carry while wearing clothes they would not wear.  If you are going to do that, then you might as well shoot USPSA.

So, no doubt it is on the agenda.

During a monthly period:

2 - USPSA matches

1 - Outdoor IDPA match

2 - Indoor IDPA matches

2 - Steel matches

Depending on the month there may be a 3-Gun match or Tactical Rifle match.

I also go to the range for practice at least once a week. 

Yes I am retired and do a lot of reloading.  I am getting a new Dillon 650 in this week.

I shoot 3 local USPSA matches a month with 3-4 majors sprinkled over the season. I try to live fire practice once a month and dry fire 2-3 times a week but it's getting harder to practice as my girls are getting older

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1 USPSA, 1 ICORE. Sometimes in the summer I might get a second USPSA match in. Even though we're empty nesters, the boss has let me know I'm at my limit of the hall pass. Fortunately, I only work a half-day on Friday, so that is live fire practice time.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to shoot about 3 a month, but now I'm lucky if I'm getting in 1 match. Sunday matches have been tough this year, and currently undergoing a few life events that have taken the priority away. Gotta keep dry firing and fingers crossed 2018 will be better!