Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unintended Consequences by John Ross

Tom S.

I just finished this book. It's been around a long time, and was out of print for quite a while. It's a good book, especially if you were born in the same era I was (early 1950's), as you;ll be able to relate more closely to the subject line. It was highly controversial at the time it was first printed as it is not only highly critical of the government, in particular BATF, but the story line openly endorsed rebellion. While it is a very good read, I just can't justify the cost - $40. If you can find a used one for a reasonable cost or borrow a friends though (mine's already spoken for, for now), I highly recommend it. One word of caution: the author's style is to skip around to various characters, which get tied together as the book progresses. If this style of writing turns you off, or if you have trouble remembering character names and roles, you might not enjoy the book. Otherwise, I recommend it highly.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought the book about 12 years ago and have read it twice. Outstanding read! Living in the metro east side of St. Louis and working in St Louis, I was very familiar with a lot of the places in the book.

In some ways it reminded me of Clancy's Debt of Honor ending.