Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal Vibra Prime

CrashDodson

I have one, it doesn't work. The primers won't go into the tube. That and my RF 100's are a source of frustration and I find myself lately just pecking at primers, the old fashioned way!

Edited by Slotbike

Works great for small primers. Large not so well. You gotta mess with it to find out what makes it work.

I have the Dillon thing, but keep getting flipped primers (only about 1 or 2 per 100, but that's annoying as hell).

Someday I'm going to sit down and make that thing (the Dillon) work 100%. Someday...

It requires manual fixing (sanding, filing, etc) to work properly. Once it works it's great. 20k+ rounds and counting.

Can you post a tutorial or a link to one so that we can see what to do to get the thing to do what it is supposed to do, out of the box?

G

Edited by Slotbike

I asked pall filler on Facebook how much he responded 190 euros shipped=209 us according to Google so IMHO either $209 for something to work out of box of $40 and less than an hour of your time for the vibra prime or step u to the rf100 and so,e people still complain they get flipped primers.

I asked pall filler on Facebook how much he responded 190 euros shipped=209 us according to Google so IMHO either $209 for something to work out of box of $40 and less than an hour of your time for the vibra prime or step u to the rf100 and so,e people still complain they get flipped primers.

HA....I did the same thing. Was given the same info, but asked about a group buy. Was quoted 150 euros each for 10 units. Some food for thought.

I have used one for three years now, with last year loading 126,000 primers of small and large pistol and small rifle primers from cci or winchester. I did once polished the tray with my dremel for smoother dropping. And I drop directly into the dillon primer tubes. I don't fuss with transferring from vp tubes. However, no system is perfect and sometimes a primer will hangup so care must always be used. When this wears out, I will happily buy another.

Dropping directly into the Dillon tubes makes a world of difference.

Yup. I don't know if I even really tried the FA primer tube. Used the Dillon tubes without issue. You stick them in and twist/angle them slightly until the primers start to drop.

Just got mine and had them repeatedly stick where the tray narrows or would get stuck at the edge of the hole...

Guess ill be trying the mods

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Slow is fast with this machine and getting the right angle and making sure the Dillion tube is aligned with the hole it takes some "technique"