Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BOSS Hanger

cnote

Just got my hanger and really didn't have time to look it over very well. One thing i definitely noticed was the screws for the belt attachment bracket seem too short for my DAA outer belt. I remember getting some other attachments for mag pouches on this thing was a bitch, as it is way thicker than the CR speed or others.

Anyone else had this problem? Its threaded and to screw them up would be stupid.

Off to the hardware store i go tomorrow for longer screws......

Swing by any hardware store and buy a couple of the same size/thread. Use them on a diagonal to squeeze the belt some. Then use the stock screws. When tight anything longer than stock will protrude and catch on stuff. That's what I did, worked fine.

I had a similar thing happen with my DAA pro belt and boss hanger. I thought of fishsticks solution right after I got the stock screws to work by using a clamp or two for a temporary hold.

Thanks,

This was my plan after reading posts 2 and 3, and thanks to fishsticks for the tip on longer screws protruding

+1 on fishsticks, except I used four longer screws tightened down as far as they would go, then substituted the standard screws one by one. I didn't want to take a chance on stripping any of the threads.

Does everyone use the hanger that comes with it? Does anyone opt for tek lok attachment instead? I'm looking for pros for the stock belt attachment as I'm interested in trying it on one of my existing bladetech holster.

I have spare tek lok adapters. Can I just attach them without buying the hanger with the tek lok?

Once you use the hanger that comes with the BOSS, you won't want to go back to the teklok. It's absolutely sturdy and will not move at all. My hanger went on fine with the DAA belt. I just tightened diagonally a little bit at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I received mine I had the same situation with the short screws . I used the small C clamp method and put just enough pressure to get the screws started a few threads then it was good to go . My only complaint is one of the side to side adjustment slots had a huge burr in it so had to get the dremel out .