Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FTF on next to last round.

echase1

All,

I am having an issue where my Stock II will sometimes FTF on the next to last round. This does not always take place, but when it does happen, there is only one round left in the mag. If I hit the mag release and drop the mag about an inch, the gun immediately goes into battery? Any ideas as to what might be happening? Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

I've been having the same issue, seems that the feed lips get a bit stretched out. I squeezed mine just a tad tighter using my small bench vise and that has helped but I'm wondering if anyone has a more permanent fix as they do stretch out after a few sessions\matches

• 4 weeks later...

I just started having this identical issue with my new Stock 2 (a backup). The main S2 works with all mags I got, but the backup seems to be more picky. One of the old K9 mags kept having FTF with the next to last round on it.

Did you guys solve the problem by using just "new" or "good" mags? If this is purely a mag problem, I would not be worried. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having the same issue, seems that the feed lips get a bit stretched out. I squeezed mine just a tad tighter using my small bench vise and that has helped but I'm wondering if anyone has a more permanent fix as they do stretch out after a few sessions\matches

Do you store your mags loaded?

All,

I am having an issue where my Stock II will sometimes FTF on the next to last round. This does not always take place, but when it does happen, there is only one round left in the mag. If I hit the mag release and drop the mag about an inch, the gun immediately goes into battery? Any ideas as to what might be happening? Thanks in advance.

What recoil spring are you running. How long have you been using the current mag springs?