Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC choices for Steel Challenge and 3Gun

IntenseImage

It should do something better for being twice the price for the gun and for each mag also.

All depends what the PCC is for.....suppressed all the time fun range toy, defense gun, competition gun, different reasons to buy......

Not having a blow back design is reason enough.

So is not sucking in gas or paying rip-off prices for mags. But rest assured, you bought well, enjoy it.

Not sucking in gas? I have shot mine suppressed and I dont find it to be a problem. About the same as my old 9mm AR except the gun stays cleaner and doesnt have nearly the recoil. Its way better than my M11. And mags arent that bad. Sure Glock 33rd mags are $20 cheaper but look what 2011 mags cost compared to other handguns. Thats the real rip off.

Edited by jon49erfan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should do something better for being twice the price for the gun and for each mag also.

All depends what the PCC is for.....suppressed all the time fun range toy, defense gun, competition gun, different reasons to buy......

Not having a blow back design is reason enough.

Blowback is simple and reliable. Yes more recoil but not bad with the JP buffer system. To each his own I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

If you add weight to the jp stock it makes it feel like a 22 and takes some if the bolt slamming shut feel out of it. Buddy has a ubr stock and it's heavy.... Made a huge difference. I put a acs magpul stock on mine. I also added some lead where the batterys go in the stock storage area. It makes a difference. I have the jp gmr13 with silent capture spring. That TI stock the jp comes with isn't the best choice. Also jp will send you a lighter spring for the buffer. Haven't played with it yet. But they said I can clip a coil at a time and tune it to a load. So far my 147 production load works great.

If you add weight to the jp stock it makes it feel like a 22 and takes some if the bolt slamming shut feel out of it. Buddy has a ubr stock and it's heavy.... Made a huge difference. I put a acs magpul stock on mine. I also added some lead where the batterys go in the stock storage area. It makes a difference. I have the jp gmr13 with silent capture spring. That TI stock the jp comes with isn't the best choice. Also jp will send you a lighter spring for the buffer. Haven't played with it yet. But they said I can clip a coil at a time and tune it to a load. So far my 147 production load works great.

I have a UBR on my 9mm AR, a JP captured spring, a JP 9mm brake and shooting ammo loaded with 3n37 that probably wont make 120pf in my handguns and it still jumps around quite a bit, nowhere near my .22 or .223s.

I just dont think you'll ever be able to get an AR as soft as a gas gun. I love my 9mm AR and it's a blast to shoot PCC with, but if I wanted to get serious about it, I'd definitely get an MPX instead.

I am prepping to buy a new gun for Steel and 3 Gun matches and have pretty much narrowed it down to these:

JP GMR-13 ... Not sure if 14.5 or 16

Quarter Circle 10 build

SIG MPX, but mags are stupidly expensive

CZ Scorpion EVO carbine

The JP is probably the gold standard of the group and since this will never see an SBR stamp, seems like the most logical choice. It's also mid pack in terms of cost.

Let's hear your opinions, and if JP, which barrel length

I had a JP with 16" I liked it but sold it and am much much happier with my JP 14.5 it moves faster would like to use my 10.5" but not going SBR route yet even though it's seems even faster to me.

• 3 weeks later...

look at cx4 storm, its fast, big mags are cheap and reloads like a pistoel. It just needs a trigger for$200 from seirapop.

I agree, my CX4 handles great. Just shot a Steel Challenge with it, and 200 rounds with 0 issues. 5.68lbs.

Edited by ohsevenflhx

I have a Cz scorpion almost finished with the sbr process. It is very short and reliable. Bought it because it was reliable and cool, then pcc presented itself and I think it will serve that purpose well. Curious to see if pcc picks up and goes anywhere.

Well after some debate, I ended up going w the MPX Carbine. Cabelas had a screaming deal on a combo pack - carbine w romeo3 rds for $100 more than just the rifle. Had $50 in points to burn so went w it

IMG_20160219_224845_zps3a5nxeyi.jpg

Out of curiosity what is a screaming deal for an MPx?

Well after some debate, I ended up going w the MPX Carbine. Cabelas had a screaming deal on a combo pack - carbine w romeo3 rds for $100 more than just the rifle. Had $50 in points to burn so went w it

IMG_20160219_224845_zps3a5nxeyi.jpg

Out of curiosity what is a screaming deal for an MPx?

Around here they are going for $1600 .... I paid that for the carbine w the Romeo3 (so pretty much $1200 for the carbine)