Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gene "The Gunny" Ramey

Jim O'Young

It is with great regret that I report this morning's passing of Gene "The Gunny" Ramey, true American hero and tireless volunteer & contributor to the shooting sports.

Most of you will remember Gene as the gruff, but efficient RO on Five to Go every year at the Steel Challenge in Piru. What you may not have seen is all the years of tireless work Gene put in behind the scenes to build & develop both new shooters and the Action Shooting Sports in Southern California. Steel Challenge, Bianchi & USPSA- Gene did it all and was an icon to all those who knew him and knew about him.

And what you may not know, Gene was a USMC veteran of WWII AND a combat veteran of BOTH Korea & Vietnam. The Gunny was a true & proud American hero and the greatest of his generation.

I last saw Gene at the 2015 Briley WCSC, where he shot 3 guns (with help sitting in a chair we set up for him in the shooting box.) Saying our goodbyes, I told him I looked forward to seeing him again next year. He quickly replied "I'll be here."

Gunny, you will ALWAYS be here in our hearts and in our memories.

Semper Fi.

post-12588-0-67794300-1455565289_thumb.j

• 10 months later...