Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Antonin Scalia - SCOTUS Justice

warpspeed

I regard the passing of Justice Scalia as a tragedy for ALL, not just one political viewpoint or the other. I am loathe to politicize the loss of a legal giant such as he. God rest him.

But we also need to be realistic. The libs went into action the moment they got the word about Justice Scalia. We're fooling ourselves to think that they wouldn't cheerfully steal the march on us, if this event afforded them even the smallest opportunity. Something about the price of liberty and eternal vigilance comes to mind, and we dare not let sentimentalism stand in the way of preparation and response.

I regard the passing of Justice Scalia as a tragedy for ALL, not just one political viewpoint or the other. I am loathe to politicize the loss of a legal giant such as he. God rest him.

But we also need to be realistic. The libs went into action the moment they got the word about Justice Scalia. We're fooling ourselves to think that they wouldn't cheerfully steal the march on us, if this event afforded them even the smallest opportunity. Something about the price of liberty and eternal vigilance comes to mind, and we dare not let sentimentalism stand in the way of preparation and response.

And the right wing didn't? They immediately were calling for the President to ignore his constitutional duty to appoint a new justice, and leave the position vacant until the next President takes office.

How about no.

Back on topic, without politics. RIP Scalia. A constitutional law great.