Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme or T3 disco?

Jetskidawg

I KNOW the current Stock 2's come with the extreme disco from the factory, so if you're making a change, the T3 is really the only "upgrade".

I know this as I bought extreme discos and they were the same as what was removed and EG verified after I asked about it.

The extreme disco has the same dimensions as a standard factory disco. The only difference between the original disco and the extreme is, the extreme only has the left wing.

What is the advantage of a disconnector with only the left wing? That is, what is the advantage of the Xtreme disco over the stock disco?

I believe the Xtreme one is just chrome plated, I wasn't aware it was physically any different. The difference between a factory Tanfoglio disco and the T3 CGW one is that it can be fitted to have reduced pre-travel on the trigger in SA mode. It is also a higher grade tool steel, so you can polish all the friction points and smooth out the feel of the action.There are a couple different winged versions of Tanfo discos out there though, the leg that effects the SA pre-travel is the same on all of them to my knowledge. Reset itself should not be affected.

I tried an Xtreme disco and the hammer would slip off of it about 10% of the time during the DA stroke. I did not modify it at all. Put the stock one back and it was fixed.

Honestly, I really don't see the need replacing the factory. Trigger pull is so light already which makes it useless to have a shorter pre-travel in SA.

I tried an Xtreme disco and the hammer would slip off of it about 10% of the time during the DA stroke. I did not modify it at all. Put the stock one back and it was fixed.

Honestly, I really don't see the need replacing the factory. Trigger pull is so light already which makes it useless to have a shorter pre-travel in SA.

I too doubt there is much time benefit to be shown on the clock. But as this is as much a mental game as it is anything else, if the nicer lighter trigger gives a person more confidence, then it's probably a cheap and relatively easy gain. So why not?

I was about to order T3's for 3 guns, but have been spending time instead on dry fire practice with a laser / computer instead. Making nice gains on the draw, transitions and even accuracy. Cost of the laser w program and camera is about 2x the cost of 3 T3's, but the improvement is IMHO, much more.

I believe you get a shorter trigger reset and shorter distance to the trigger wall. I could be wrong.

Correct, and you also add a little more inertia to the hammer drop if you round or file where the wing "crashes" into the trigger bar. The T3 is really the only way to go if you truly want to get zero pre.

Do you mean the hammer would drop early? If so, maybe you got an out of spec disco. Or, you could have made it a little more concave by hitting the middle with a round file.

The extreme disco has the same dimensions as a standard factory disco. The only difference between the original disco and the extreme is, the extreme only has the left wing.

What is the advantage of a disconnector with only the left wing? That is, what is the advantage of the Xtreme disco over the stock disco?

A disco with only one wing can equate to less friction. The advantage to having only one wing, a left wing, allows the disco to be used with either the one or two piece sear.