Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited mag pouches?

Tech32

I have a limited ordered. I have been shooting an M&P. I have been told that the Tanfoglio mags won't fit very well in an M&P pouch. What are you guy using for mag pouches? I think I was using blade tech evolution. Was looking at CR speeds.

Edited by Tech32

I just bought a set of DAA racers and really like them. Previously, I was using the ghost 360 pouches which worked good as well. If I had to do it all over, I would go with the racers even though they cost a few dollars more per pouch. I like the minimalist hanger of the racers as compared to the bulky hanger on the ghost. The racer allows your outer belt to still make contact with the inner. You have to attach Velcro patches to the back of the ghost hangers, otherwise, one side of your outer belt won't have contact with the inner if you're running 4-5 pouches.

I bought a used set of CR Speed Versa pouches for my old Glock 34 rig and, IMO, the racers and ghost pouches are a little better.

Edited by cakedog02

I haven't tried the DAA units so I can't comment on those. I use the Ghost 360's and am very happy with them. The hangers are a bit bulky, but the option of running with bullets facing out is a nice option and have been using them in that configuration instead of bullets forward. Nice having the option and priced very good, savings add up when your buying 4 or 5 at a time. Good luck and have fun with the new set up.

I just bought a set of DAA racers and really like them. Previously, I was using the ghost 360 pouches which worked good as well. If I had to do it all over, I would go with the racers even though they cost a few dollars more per pouch. I like the minimalist hanger of the racers as compared to the bulky hanger on the ghost. The racer allows your outer belt to still make contact with the inner. You have to attach Velcro patches to the back of the ghost hangers, otherwise, one side of your outer belt won't have contact with the inner if you're running 4-5 pouches.

I agree with this wise sage. I replaced my Ghost pouches (bullets out) with the Racers. They save a lot of space and are adjustable.

I love the guga ribas/ernie hill mag pouches. I use them for all my mags...from hk to tanfoglio small and large frame..glock and even SS with adapter

These look nice as well. But I cannot find a place online to buy them?

• 11 months later...
On 2/14/2016 at 11:42 PM, BeerBaron said:

DAA racers or racemasters (if you need the ball joint feature) are my pick. I have rigs with both (have previously used H+S, CR speed and Ghost too - DAA are better).

For limited is it worth having the race masters over the racers? Thanks

56 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

For limited is it worth having the race masters over the racers? Thanks

That depends on what you need the pouch to do. The only advantage to the race master over the Racer is the ball joint mounting system that allows you to cant the pouch away from your body. If you're a thin person this will be useless to you. There are several top DAA pros that choose the Racer pouches over the race masters. 

DAA racers have worked well for me. Release smooth and I have never had any issue.

CR Speed also work ok. Have stripped one so that it would rotate and not hold position but it appears that gorilla glue gave me a cheap and permanent fix. The release is just ok but not an issue unless you grab the mag wrong.

Ghost release really nice but they are just too flimsy for me to be happy with. 

1 minute ago, DesertTortoise said:

I waited to buy mag pouches till I had magazines in hand... Lucky for me they (limited .40mags) fit in my Safariland 771s for glock 9mm with no adjustment

Are your limited mags small frame mags?

1 hour ago, ryridesmotox said:

Did you run over then with a truck? They are mag pouches. I don't treat mine all that nicely and they hold up fine. 

For example, you can find similar comments elsewhere. I know a lot of folks have good luck with them though. Was just sharing my preference and why. 

Would be interesting to know what happened to Alex Gutt at the production nationals. In his interview he said he had a mag pouch problem and elsewhere sid he used ghost pouches. 

1 hour ago, ryridesmotox said:

I get that. But I'm just wondering how you break them. In pretty rough with my shit. Mine look fine. Unless they get abused. And plenty of people abuse their shit.

I'm wondering if cold weather tends to make the rubber washers hard and the plastic brittle. Also I thought I had them as loose as seemed reasonable when I assembled them but it has been suggested that maybe they were too tight. 

In any case, they worked fine for reload practice in my home but on my first range trip in cold weather I busted a couple of them as shown. I don't think they got any abnormal abuse. 

ghost.jpg