Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited mag pouches?

Tech32

58 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

@IHAVEGAS Have you called ghost? That needs to be fixed by them If it's a manufacturer's fault

I bought them from Stoeger. They were gracious and prompt about supplying replacement pieces after I explained what had happened. They also politely suggested that I might have tightened the mounting screws more than was appropriate. 

@IHAVEGAS we don't get cold down here. (I'm from Chicago, so I smirk when the southern guys gripe about 33 degrees being cold, too.)

But I've "fallen out of a shooting" area on the final target bit too effectively, and landed on my mag pouches when it was around 75 outside. None of the Ghosts noticed.

I subscribed to the "slowly tighten them until you can't quite rotate them anymore, and stop right there" method of torquing the center bolt - with red loctite to ensure they hold that setting.

8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@IHAVEGAS we don't get cold down here. (I'm from Chicago, so I smirk when the southern guys gripe about 33 degrees being cold, too.)

But I've "fallen out of a shooting" area on the final target bit too effectively, and landed on my mag pouches when it was around 75 outside. None of the Ghosts noticed.

I subscribed to the "slowly tighten them until you can't quite rotate them anymore, and stop right there" method of torquing the center bolt - with red loctite to ensure they hold that setting.

Just copied this from Stoeger's web site "Note: Please do not over torque the center screw as it will result in the pouch breaking. It appears that threadlocker may cause issues so we recommend not using it."

FWIW. I have no idea why they do not recommend thread locker, otherwise I would try your approach if I was still using them. Still have 5 so maybe I will be them another chance one of these days. 

I ran Ghost pouches when I shot Glock, hated the blocky belt attachment. Switched to DAA race master pouches, enpensive and good looking, worked well for 2 years while running my CZ's, but recently bought the regular DAA racers, and I like them alot. Smoother for the mags actually. And weighs a little less than the alu ones. So I recommend the racers. Great pouches thats not expensive.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk