Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have a Grand Power 10mm up and running?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... first one from SavageOne:

OK, I got to the range and shot the GP and all I can say is...OMG, OMG, OMG[insert girly scream here]. It is an amazing firearm and I love everything about it, except one thing which may make it useless as a firearm. First the range report.

I fired a variety of ammo today, PPU 180gr HP, Winchester 175gr Silvertip, Buffalo Barnes 155gr TAC-XP, Sig 180gr FMJ, and my own load of a 180gr FP sitting over 9.2gr of 800x. The PPUs felt like a 9mm. I had a least 3 FTFs with them, it seem like the light ammo might not always have enough oomph to cycle the slide fully. The brass from the PPUs was usually at my feet or no more than two steps away at a 3:30 to 4:00 position.

The Winchester Silvertip cycled great and felt like a 9mm +P. At 12yds I had a beautiful mushroom cap of about 2 inches. The brass was 5-8 feet away at about the 4:00 to 5:00 position.

The Barnes had a noticeable, but very controllable kick to it and honestly was surprisingly pleasant to shoot. The brass was at the same position as the Silvertip but a around the 10-12 foot mark.

The Sig felt like it had the strongest recoil of all the ammo( but that could be because I shot it after having run through a box of 45 ACP), but was still very manageable and fun to shoot.

My handrolls seemed to similar to the Silvertips in recoil and more similar to the Barnes in brass location. Very fun to shoot and manageable.

The fact that I was able to police over 90% of my brass blows my mind. With my EAA and RIA the brass is tossed 20-30 feet and I am lucky to find 50% of it. This is a great shooting gun and the few FTFs seem to be more ammo than firearm. I had no problems with my Handrolls except 1 and it may be YUGE.

I don't know if it was me hitting the right side mag release or just the mag being somehow released by the recoil but I had quite a few instances where I fired the gun and the mag fell to the ground. In fact, on at least two occasions this happened 3 times in a row. I thought at first I might be easy gripping or limp wristing the gun and the recoil was slapping my hand into the mag release, but I tighten my grip and opened my fingers( to get them away from the mag release ) and it still occurred. It happened with my Handrolls and the Silvertips. I didn't shoot enough of the Barnes in a row to be able to see if happened with them. It did not ever happen with the light PPU loads. So, at this point I don't know if it is me or the gun that's dropping mags with stronger loads. Until we can get some other range reports from people and see if they have a similar problem I can't say that this is a reliable gun or if I am an unreliable shooter.

Hope this helps Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

We received a second range visit yesterday stating the magazine drops weren't there this time out. Maybe a break-in thing or shooter getting familiar thing?

Several of these pistols out there to only have one reporting individual. I want to see someone put a 200-220gr Hardcast through one and report back. That's a real test!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So I am new here and looks like last post was Dec 16 and here it is July 17 Whats new with the Grand Power Q100 as far as available in a 40 SW ? I am hearing prices under $500 ? for the 9mm that is 

Edited by mvp