Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great ICORE match at Rio Salado today

Today was a great day for shooting. A little cold but things got better as the day progressed. Lots of shooting with more windows to shoot from, Clam shell targets, Falling plates and Texas Stars.

Everybody on my squad helped with timers, tape and setting steel. My caregiver did my jobs for me and I thank her very much. On the movement stages she pushed my wheel chair from position to position as needed and was very good about getting me to the right spots to be able to hit all the targets.

I almost didn't bring enough ammo. I had 24 moon clips loaded and used all but two. Not that I missed a lot but the stages were LONG.

Just when I thought I was safe, the battery went out on my C-More. I should have replaced it before I left the house. They only last about a year. I turn the sight on at the beginning of matches or practice and leave it on until it's time to go home.

I'm hoping I'll be able to walk during the next match. I'm building up my leg strength and endurance since I had a blood clot almost a year ago. I'll try a walker at the next match in two months.

post-132-0-22739700-1454892659_thumb.jpg

Today was a great day for shooting. A little cold but things got better as the day progressed. Lots of shooting with more windows to shoot from, Clam shell targets, Falling plates and Texas Stars.

Everybody on my squad helped with timers, tape and setting steel. My caregiver did my jobs for me and I thank her very much. On the movement stages she pushed my wheel chair from position to position as needed and was very good about getting me to the right spots to be able to hit all the targets.

I almost didn't bring enough ammo. I had 24 moon clips loaded and used all but two. Not that I missed a lot but the stages were LONG.

Just when I thought I was safe, the battery went out on my C-More. I should have replaced it before I left the house. They only last about a year. I turn the sight on at the beginning of matches or practice and leave it on until it's time to go home.

I'm hoping I'll be able to walk during the next match. I'm building up my leg strength and endurance since I had a blood clot almost a year ago. I'll try a walker at the next match in two months.

I'll bet you even used a titanium frame on the wheelchair. What a gamer! In all seriousness, it's great to see someone out to do what they can just because they love the sport. Bravo!