Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammobot vs Mark VII Automation platforms?

Vanniek71

Anyone on here able to try them both? Thoughts?

I need automation and don't want to do it the PW way if at all possible. I've seen too many wrecked arms/parts from those.

The Mark VII seems like the Ferarri, but I think I would be just fine driving the SUV.... ~$2600 vs ~$1200 is a big chunk of change, but I want to hear the pros/cons of both if anyone has experience.

Edited by Vanniek71

Well. you can buy cheaper and get what you pay for. The old RG-38 pistols sold on Saturday night would shoot someone just fine, but what about after more and more use.

If you are a limited amount loader, the Ammo-Bot would most likely do the job. But, no one, has anything even close to Mark VII. No One !

Again, you get what you pay for. A Rock River 2011 is a pretty good gun, nut can it match up to a SVI ?

Pay now, or maybe cry later. Now understand this is just my opinion, and its only worth what you are paying for it.

Have fun, be safe !

Well. you can buy cheaper and get what you pay for. The old RG-38 pistols sold on Saturday night would shoot someone just fine, but what about after more and more use.

If you are a limited amount loader, the Ammo-Bot would most likely do the job. But, no one, has anything even close to Mark VII. No One !

Again, you get what you pay for. A Rock River 2011 is a pretty good gun, nut can it match up to a SVI ?

Pay now, or maybe cry later. Now understand this is just my opinion, and its only worth what you are paying for it.

Have fun, be safe !

Thanks Ken, and I agree for the most part - but I want some feedback if possible from people that have used both.

The Ammobot isn't cheap, but it also doesn't have the bells and whistles like the Mark VII does (Tablet, belt cover etc etc) I am just wondering how much the cost on the Mark VII is from those bells and whistles.

If I had $2600 laying around I would for sure just go with the Mark VII, but the Ammobot has me intrigued.

Have fun, be safe !

Thanks Ken, and I agree for the most part - but I want some feedback if possible from people that have used both.

The Ammobot isn't cheap, but it also doesn't have the bells and whistles like the Mark VII does (Tablet, belt cover etc etc) I am just wondering how much the cost on the Mark VII is from those bells and whistles.

If I had $2600 laying around I would for sure just go with the Mark VII, but the Ammobot has me intrigued.

I'm smart enough to know that a machine that can understand and "feel" pressure markvii is the best way to go

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the Ammobot.

I paid for mine, not sponsored in any way.

I've loaded about 3000 rds so far and it can sense changes in pressure and stop so you can look into it.

So far, I have seen stops for primers being sucked back into the pocket. Bullets falling over on the case, 1050 handle screw backing out, new primer not seating fully, out of primers ( of course), case fed in backwards, bent primer punch, I can't recall any others so far.

I chose the Ammobot mostly because of the price but a major contributing factor is the reported EMI problems with the tablet/ case feeder interaction. Search on here and doodie for those issues.

I do not have any regrets so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I went through the same decision. I choose the Mark 7 and here is why.

I was loading on a 550 when I decided to invest in a automated 1050 so the cost difference wasn't as big of a deal since the cost of the 1050, bullet feeder and conversion kits made the Mark 7 not even 20% more of a investment when looking at the cost of the whole package. Since this was a long term decision of something I would use a lot I didn't let the cost sway me either way, just wanted to get the machine that would keep reloading enjoyable for me.

I liked how with the Mk7 you can customise the speed of not only the whole process but also the index and upper and lower dwell times.

No swinging handle. (It's funny to think about this now because one of my concerns with the Mk7 was that if I wanted to use the handle for some reason how hard would it be to take off the sprocket and put the handle on, after having the machine for a while I just laugh about this now, I don't even know where my handle is or could care less, hope I never see that thing again.)

The upgrades that Mk7 has come out with and are in development. It seems there never happy at mk7 and are continuing to make the whole system even better. First was the no-primer ejected sensor and now there working on a no-bullet/sideways bullet sensor.

Customer service has been EXCEPTIONAL from Mk7, I had some questions while making my decision and spent over 2 hours on the phone in total over a few calls, I had all kinds of stupid questions and Jay was always willing to take the time to explain things to me no matter how dumb the questions probably were. Even after a hour on the phone he wasn't in any way trying to rush the conversation and seemed to have all the time in the world for someone with questions about their products. After the sale they have been great as well. I did have some problems with the EMI interference. At first it was pretty bad but they got me taken care of right away. Jay called me when I was having problems on evenings and weekends, we were able to almost eliminate the issues(only had two interruptions in the last ~30,000 cycles) but their still not happy, they just sent me new firmware/software last night and mailing me out a new cable, they seem committed to completely resolving any issues.

I'm super happy with the Mark 7, I'm sure the Ammobot works well but I'm glad I made the choice I did.

Owning both the Mark 7 and Chain Drive, I know it's not the ammobot. The point is, having the Digital clutch system is one the nicest things on the Mark 7...I know the ammobot can since jams but, nothing is is nice as the system on the mark 7. One thing I miss is having a case FLY across the room when the chain drive jams or it tearing the primer system up.

• 1 month later...

The point is, having the Digital clutch system is one the nicest things on the Mark 7...

If that is your favorite feature, it can be replicated on any other drive for very low price... like $14. I have jam-proof stop on my drive, and it cost me very little.

There maybe many other reasons to like Mark 7, but the sensitive clutch is nothing special.

Edited by Foxbat

• 2 months later...

Somebody just sold their Ammobot and bought a Mark 7. Their reasoning being that you must

watch the press closely WITH THE SWITCH IN YOUR HAND, ( stated in their directions), but not in their advertising.

to shut down in case of error. The Mark 7's adjustable clutch is lovely he claims..

This is just my opinion on what I've heard, I own neither.

Somebody just sold their Ammobot and bought a Mark 7. Their reasoning being that you must

watch the press closely WITH THE SWITCH IN YOUR HAND, ( stated in their directions), but not in their advertising.

to shut down in case of error. The Mark 7's adjustable clutch is lovely he claims..

This is just my opinion on what I've heard, I own neither.

Saw that, I went Mark7 and glad I did. I don't have experience with the AmmoBot so can't weigh in on that but the Mark 7 is a remarkable machine. On top of that the customer service from Mark 7 is literally some of the best I have seen ANYWHERE. (I've been in the customer service industry in some capacity for 25 years now).

I'm sure AmmoBot is good too, but Mark 7 has knocked it out of the park for me so far

For me, selling one and getting the other can be boiled down to one word- SHOULD'A

Break something- well you should'a stopped it with the hand switch, or you should'a set up the press better, or you should'a processed your brass and loaded your brass in two different steps.

I got tired of the should'a.

The only "should'a" with the Mark 7 is that I should'a bought it in the first place.

The point is, having the Digital clutch system is one the nicest things on the Mark 7...

If that is your favorite feature, it can be replicated on any other drive for very low price... like $14. I have jam-proof stop on my drive, and it cost me very little.

There maybe many other reasons to like Mark 7, but the sensitive clutch is nothing special.

Would be interested in details on this.

Do any of these systems increase the caliber change times by much. When loading rifle I have 2 heads, just wondering if it is a pita to switch.

Thanks

Swap the head and calibrate that's it. If you have 2 heads that is. The Mark 7 just attaches to where the handle was so it doesn't affect cal change

• 1 year later...

I just read this thread and it would be great to start fresh.

Ammobot had a MAJOR upgrade-

AMMOBOT AUTO DRIVE REV3 FOR DILLON 1050

I suspect all of the previous post where older versions.

Ammobot V3 vs. Mark 7 looking for feedback PLEASE

(I am not wanting or expecting a Shi*Fest on either vendor) 

• 3 weeks later...

I have both Mark7 and AmmobotR2. I have close to 120k rounds ran through my M7 and 20k on the AB.   By far the Mark7 I trust more then the Ammobot. The AB says that they have a clutch but it does not seem to work all the time depending on the speed settings.

Yes the M7 is more but when you are confident that he can walk out to the press and hit cycle start, knowing that the press is going to run 100% and give you 100% quality, the price difference is worth it compared to blowing up my 5-7k open gun. Get the Mark7 and focus on shooting. 

• 1 month later...

I am looking to upgrade to an automated system soon.  Any info on the Rev3 Ammobot would be useful.  Also, are there any upgrades to the powder drop that are necessary.  I am using a lot of E3 powder and haven't had any problems with my LNL, but obviously will have to buy a super 1050.  Thanks for the info