Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAJUN GUN WORKS 10X BUSHING AVAILABLE NOW

bowenbuilt

10X-bushing-011-433x325.jpg Looks like the TS is now available too.

10X Barrel Bushing For Tactical Sport 7520TSX

LIMITED QUANTITIES. Our first batch of 10X barrel bushings for Tactical Sport only in 9mm & .40 only. Made from 4140 and heat treated to RC45. Reduces barrel muzzle play to -0- at lock-up. This is a direct replacement for the OEM bushing. Fits .550″ OD Tactical Sport heavy barrel.

NOTE: Some minor fitting may be required.

$60.00

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10X-bushing-011-433x325.jpg Looks like the TS is now available too.

10X Barrel Bushing For Tactical Sport 7520TSX

LIMITED QUANTITIES. Our first batch of 10X barrel bushings for Tactical Sport only in 9mm & .40 only. Made from 4140 and heat treated to RC45. Reduces barrel muzzle play to -0- at lock-up. This is a direct replacement for the OEM bushing. Fits .550″ OD Tactical Sport heavy barrel.

NOTE: Some minor fitting may be required.

$60.00

What's the difference from the SP01 and the Tactical sports bushing? Other than possibly some clearance at the bottom of the bushing, they look identical to me.

Entirely different barrel sizes.

Are you so certain? Sure the TS is a longer barrel, but the OD between the SP01 and Tactical Sports is nearly identical. With tolerances I'd say they are the same. In fact, I just put a TS barrel bushing in a SP01 and it functioned perfectly (by hand).

According to the explanation and pictures on the website posted to the CZ Forum the TS bushing has a totally different profile than the one intended for the SP01. Both the pictures on the CGW's website are indentical so the actual picture of the TS bushing has really not been added yet.

Entirely different barrel sizes.

Are you so certain? Sure the TS is a longer barrel, but the OD between the SP01 and Tactical Sports is nearly identical. With tolerances I'd say they are the same. In fact, I just put a TS barrel bushing in a SP01 and it functioned perfectly (by hand).
My bad, I was thinking TS vs. 75/85 barrel O.D., I've never measured the SP01 barrel.

OK,

Got home from road trip today and bushing were here.

I've attached some basic shots.

Note: TS bushing on left and Shadow bushing on right.

Can't wait to do my before and after tests.

Regards,

Rinoray53

post-62153-0-15140100-1456437135_thumb.j

post-62153-0-13374700-1456437151_thumb.j

post-62153-0-44330600-1456437176_thumb.j

post-62153-0-06261400-1456437196_thumb.j

post-62153-0-19745300-1456437218_thumb.j

Edited by Rinoray53

How does the legality of the CGW bushing fall in with the S&W M&P mag release issue? The NROI has stated you can use a extended after market mag release on an M&P as long is it is the same general shape and only longer. This makes the Springer Prescion extended mag release production legal.

The CGW 10X bushing is just an after market Accushadow bushing.

How does the legality of the CGW bushing fall in with the S&W M&P mag release issue? The NROI has stated you can use a extended after market mag release on an M&P as long is it is the same general shape and only longer. This makes the Springer Prescion extended mag release production legal.

Here's your applicable rule:

21.6 Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts. Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer.

The 10X bushing is external. The 10X bushing is NOT an aftermarket Accushadow bushing. If the 10X bushing were an aftermarket Accushadow bushing, you'd be able to install a 10X bushing in an Accushadow, but you can't. The Accushadow bushing is a 1911 match bushing installed in a slide that has been milled to accept it. The 10X bushing is an external aftermarket replacement for the CZ stock service bushing. Such a replacement is prohibited by 21.6

The NROI ruling on the Springer mag release for the M&P applies only to the Springer mag release for the M&P. It does not affect the legality of any other part on any other pistol.

UNLESS a modification is SPECIFICALLY authorized in the rules or SPECIFICALLY authorized in an official, published NROI interpretation, it is considered a PROHIBITED MODIFICATION.

Hard to notice a difference with the kind of shooting I've done with it, which has been typical uspsa type shooting that you can do indoors (I haven't bagged it and shot groups).

There was definitely play between my stock barrel and stock barrel bushing - now there is none.

I'll say I've shot it very accurately with zero flyers (unexpected non alphas). I'll be a little more confident on the tight shots.

I shot my initial comparisons off bag at 25yds, so to be consistent will do with same ammo/distance this weekend. Don't have a Ransom rest, poor shot with most any angle :mellow: so I will notice an improvement.

If interested I'll post targets when completed.