Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAJUN GUN WORKS 10X BUSHING AVAILABLE NOW

bowenbuilt

Want an Accu-Shadow for $67.00 modification? Cajun Gun Works has it on their website now for the heavy barreled Shadows.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/barrel-bushing-for-sp-01-10x/

Barrel Bushing For SP-01 – “10X”

LIMITED QUANTITIES. Our first batch of 10X barrel bushings for the heavy barrel SP-01 and Tactical Sport. Made from 4140 and heat treated to RC45. Reduces barrel muzzle play to -0- at lock-up. This is a direct replacement for the OEM bushing.

NOTE: Some minor fitting may be required.

To install, remove your front sight retaining pin, it is not necessary to remove the sight itself. Be sure to align the bushings retaining pin groove with the slides retaining pin groove. We suggest using a soft block of wood to drive the bushing until it seats on the bushing flange. NOTE: the bushing will only fit the SP-01 heavy barrel models with a barrel OD of .550″.

An alternate method is to freeze the bushing, which will shrink the OD, then install in the slide. Be sure and check the bushings ID fit on your barrel before installation to ensure a proper fit. Any questions contact CGW for tech support.

cgw%20bushing.jpg

cz%20bushing%203.jpg

cz%20bushing2.jpg

Edited by bowenbuilt

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you tell me. On Thursday I had one custom machined from H13 high alloy tool steel. It will get shot today. I'm quite interested to see how much the groups shrink. The old bushing was .005" oversize.

Production legal?

Nope, external modification.

Although I could see an argument for it since it replaces the factory bushing and does not require machining the slide like an accushadow.

Is it a factory part? Not legal.

How do you argue it? If it's not specifically listed as legal it's not.

Like I said, I don't think it's legal....

But there could be an argument that it is as much an internal part as a guide rod or firing pin, both are considered internal parts even though they are visible externally.

The majority of the bushing is inside the slide, only the edge is externally visible.

I doubt NROI would agree, but there is an argument for it.

Want an Accu-Shadow for $67.00 modification?

I stopped reading right after this.

You should keep reading if you're planning on shooting Production with that mod. If not, carry on.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. It'll never compare to the ACCU system. And it's not production legal.

Edited by TJART

Curious, what makes you say it'll never compare to the ACCU setup?

The accu bushing can be fitted tighter since it is removed in order to remove the barrel. This is a semi permanent bushing, similar to the one that is already in the gun. It is fitted tighter than factory but can not be fitted as tight as an accu bushing.

If this was fitted as tight as an accu there would not be enough clearance for the barrel to tilt up and be removed. That is the advantage of a removable bushing.

zero play is zero play though, no?

I haven't seen this to compare to an accu bushing. It is possible that the accu could keep the barrel stable longer during recoil. I'm just speculating. This must allow the barrel to angle up enough to be removed, the accu doesn't have to allow that movement.

For the record, I shoot 2 SP-01s, no shadows , no accubushings.

I just posted it to let you know it was there. Yall can argue about it. I will agree that if it holds the barrel in zero lock up it is doing the exact same thing as the Accu at the moment the shot is fired. Since no one has one yet to compare how much it shrinks your groups I cannot make a comment yet as to how it compares. If the contact area at the muzzle is short enough and the bushing is tapered correctly it would be able to pivot down just enough to get it out. Time will tell if it is a worth while modification. I am going to put one in one of my guns just out of curiosity.

Does the accu bushing improve slide to frame lock up as well?

Nope. The accu shadow bushing is all about improving barrel to slide fit. Slide to frame is somewhat important but since the sights are mounted to the slide the most important part is barrel to slide fit.

FYI - From another forum

With the slide at room temperature I retrieved the bushing out of the freezer. I set it in the slide and lined up the small groove. I used a piece of wood and my small brass hammer to install the new bushing back into the slide making sure that the two grooves lined up correctly. The new bushing went right in without an issue and as you can see the grooves lined up perfectly.
cz10x2.jpg
Here is the new bushing installed with the barrel in place. The barrel does not just flop into place as it does with the OEM bushing, you have to work with it a little and figure out the best angle to get it back in. This is a plus as before I could feel the play between the bushing and barrel but now there is NO perceivable movement between the new bushing and barrel. The barrel is a snug fit into the bushing with no movement at all. You can actually feel the barrel go into full lock up when letting the slide go slowly forward and when pulling the slide to the rear there is that little hitch just like a finely fitted 1911 just before the barrel and slide unlock
cz10x7.jpg
cz10x19.jpg

I shot some groups prior to replacing the bushing. I will go out now and shoot a few more for comparison. Here is where the rubber meets the road.

With OEM bushing. Both groups shot off a rest at 20 yards using 147 coated bullets and 3.3 of N320 loaded to 1.140 with mixed range brass.

IMG_2041_1.jpg

Today with 10-X bushing

IMG_2432.jpg

The OP said the sp01 and the tactical sport but the CGW site says sp01 and 75b in 40. Am I missing something here? I have a 40 TS that I would love to put this thing in.

Same here, I just searched the whole site looking for the TS version.