Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CAJUN GUN WORKS 10X BUSHING AVAILABLE NOW

bowenbuilt

It is hard for me to understand why you can put this replacement barrel bushing in https://cajungunworks.com/product/75220-sp-01-barrel-bushing/and it is supposedly Legal because it is aFactory bushing and the 10X which is still a bushing that fits the slide and retained the same way but has a tighter clearance but it is not legal?

Show me the part on the CZ parts diagram where this 10X is not legal? Hard to say it's not legal when there is not a part listed it is replacing.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say it's not legal when there is not a part listed it is replacing.

Bro, you have invented that standard. None of the rulebooks say that if a company fails to list a part on a parts diagram that that part is exempt from rules. You haven't found a loophole. You've simply invented a standard. This happens all the time when people try to argue that a part falls within the rules, when in fact they should be contacting a sanctioning body and asking for a ruling.

This is all fairly simple. This aftermarket bushing is NOT clearly authorized by any rulebook. There are questions to its legality at best, OR already clearly illegal at worst, depending on who is speaking. So someone who thinks this part may be USPSA Production or IDPA legal can contact the relevant sanctioning body and ask for an official ruling. And when you do it, be honest. Some of the relevant data that you should include because it may make this custom bushing subject to this rule or that:

• It is not an OEM part.
  • It is externally visible.
  • It protrudes from the front of the slide in a way the stock bushing does NOT.
  • It changes the contour of the slide.
  • It lengthens the slide.
  • It offers competitive advantage.

Please, someone contact a sanctioning body, tell them those things listed above, and ask if it's legal for USPSA Production or IDPA. OR just look in the rulebook for yourself and accept that it's not. ;)

Edited by IDescribe

Hard to say it's not legal when there is not a part listed it is replacing.

Bro, you have invented that standard. None of the rulebooks say that if a company fails to list a part on a parts diagram that that part is exempt from rules. You haven't found a loophole. You've simply invented a standard. This happens all the time when people try to argue that a part falls within the rules, when in fact they should be contacting a sanctioning body and asking for a ruling.

This is all fairly simple. This aftermarket bushing is NOT clearly authorized by any rulebook. There are questions to its legality at best, OR already clearly illegal at worst, depending on who is speaking. So someone who thinks this part may be USPSA Production or IDPA legal can contact the relevant sanctioning body and ask for an official ruling. And when you do it, be honest. Some of the relevant data that you should include because it may make this custom bushing subject to this rule or that:

• It is not an OEM part.
  • It is externally visible.
  • It protrudes from the front of the slide in a way the stock bushing does NOT.
  • It changes the contour of the slide.
  • It lengthens the slide.
  • It offers competitive advantage.
Please, someone contact a sanctioning body, tell them those things listed above, and ask if it's legal for USPSA Production or IDPA. OR just look in the rulebook for yourself and accept that it's not. ;)

Interesting, I had no idea it sticks out more, or lengthens the slide. Certainly that would make a difference. Is there true, or are you guessing?

And how does that argument fly for non OEM extended mag releases?

...and aftermarket barrels...and slides...

They can authorize whatever mods they want. It has no impact on an other mod. If you say, "How can you guys allow aftermarket barrels and not allow aftermarket barrel bushings?" -- if you say that, regardless of whatever explanation they offer, the real answer is "Because we're the ones who write the rules and issue the rulings. We have the authority to do that."

In situations like this where there is some hot new custom mod that people really want to put on their production or stock service pistol, arguments get made on boards that are presented as if they're explaining why the new mod is in fact legal, but really they're just arguments that someone might make to the sanctioning body in an effort to get them to make the mod legal. If they were already legal, there would be a rule in the rulebook that says "Aftermarket bushings are legal." ;)

Two more newbie questions:

I have an SP01 (9mm). How do I know if it's the heavy barrel version?

Does it matter if the barrel is removed during installation?

From my installation observation:

heavy barrel measures 0.550", measure outside diameter of your barrel to be sure.

You will need to remove barrel during the bushing installation process.

Two more newbie questions:

I have an SP01 (9mm). How do I know if it's the heavy barrel version?

Does it matter if the barrel is removed during installation?

Heavy barrek us .550

Standard barrel is .504

And yes, you're not going to get the bushing out with the barrel in unless you're shooting it with the front sight pin out. ;)

The following is what I sent in my email:

A company called Cajun Gun Works has brought a replacement barrel bushing for the CZ Shadow to market. It is NOT like the CZ Accushadow bushing, which is a 1911-like bushing that to install it requires machine work. This replacement bushing just goes in place of the stock barrel bushing - friction fit being held in place by the front sight pin, same as the stock bushing. The rim that shows on the end of the muzzle is a little different than the stock bushing, but not much different. The benefit of it is that it *supposedly* keeps the barrel tighter to the slide when a shot is fired, which the seller says is supposed to improve accuracy...pretty much the same effect that gunsmith fit barrels for Glocks, for example, are supposed to have.

Would this replacement barrel bushing be legal for a gun used in the Production division?
Thank you!

All SP-01s are .550 (9's &40's) i believe. Same for the 75 SA variants. Both pistols use the same slide profile.

75B SA is .501 barrel

Just to clarify because I'm not familiar with all the models. The SP01 does come with the heavy barrel right?

The 75B that is alluded to is confusing me...

Edited by Reverendpdp