Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock sub-2 lb trigger?

nahanshew89

Does anyone know of a recipe to make a 2lb or less trigger pull that's fairly reliable? I want a light trigger for my Lim gun. I've heard nothing but good things about DK triggers, and it looks like he can go as low as 3 lbs. But I'm looking for lighter than that even. DK, if you have a recipe to do this, I'm more than willing to give you my business, but I'm pretty adamant about this 2lb or less trigger. I've handled a sweet custom 2011 with an 18oz trigger that was phenomenal. I understand that a Glock can never be a 1911, and I can live with mushy, but I want that light pull. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Vanek Classic GM Kit gets down to 2 lb . He uses the Jager Striker with extended tip and goes down to a 4 lb Striker Spring

with no problems in reliability.. The extended tip with set off any primers.. It's a sweet trigger. I have 2 of them..

He's been building them since 2003. Also Charlie is a Grandmaster Shooter..

http://www.vanekcustom.com/3.html

Edited by bigtimelarry

Not to pile on, but why do you need a 2# trigger? Faster splits? Splits don't win matches, fundamentals and target transition do.

I Agree.. But if he insist's on having a 2 lb Trigger.. go with The Gold Standard, Best in the Business.. Vanek Grandmaster Classic..

Well I dunno about best but mine are 2.5 usually. Some times a hair under. It varies from pistol to pistol and the reset short. As well is the trigger movement until it breaks.

Of all the kits out there I have one that is being offered in a custom shops package as it is no other changes done. It is labeled the RTS-DK package :-) I'm pretty proud of that but I am a tad biased

I have tested the trigger pull weight on many custom Glock triggers and the only one that had a 2.0# pull weight was a Joe D trigger where the relocated trigger pad alone reduces the pull by approximately 1#. Vanek and DK both make excellent but slightly different triggers.

• 3 weeks later...

My vote is for the DK trigger. Great trigger and excellent customer service.

I have spent a small fortune trying out about every Glock trigger out there. I heard about the DK triggers on this forum and thought I would give them a try and I'm very glad I did. I now have replaced all my triggers (6) with DK triggers in both the custom and SSP/Production models. I can attest to the fact they are extremely high quality with a nice light pull and a great short crisp reset. They are also tunable. I don't put a lot of stock in trigger pull measurements. It can be very subjective depending on the quality of the instrument and the individual's process. My measurement might be 2.3# and someone else might get 3.0#. I basically go with how it is preforming in competition.

I have a couple of master level shooting friends that have tried them out. They have all expressed surprise about the light pull on my triggers and high quality. The only downside is they are light enough that I've had to spend a lot of time working on my acting skills for when there is the occasional double tap and I have to look like I meant to do that, lol.

I have spent a small fortune trying out about every Glock trigger out there. I heard about the DK triggers on this forum and thought I would give them a try and I'm very glad I did. I now have replaced all my triggers (6) with DK triggers in both the custom and SSP/Production models. I can attest to the fact they are extremely high quality with a nice light pull and a great short crisp reset. They are also tunable. I don't put a lot of stock in trigger pull measurements. It can be very subjective depending on the quality of the instrument and the individual's process. My measurement might be 2.3# and someone else might get 3.0#. I basically go with how it is preforming in competition.

I have a couple of master level shooting friends that have tried them out. They have all expressed surprise about the light pull on my triggers and high quality. The only downside is they are light enough that I've had to spend a lot of time working on my acting skills for when there is the occasional double tap and I have to look like I meant to do that, lol.

That's a pretty good idea of how light it is haha I've been highly considering either the DK or the Vanek, but I'm being swayed toward the DK after everyone's glowing reviews.

2lbs?I'm trying to pull mine with one hand....

Seriously though I've got a couple of parts coming and I'll see what shoots best and go with that

MARK

I polished the crap out of my stock trigger group, and I think I've done well to get the pull a bit lower, and it's definitely a lot smoother, I actually don't find the stock trigger group to be horribly heavy, I just want it lighter than that. Lighter = faster in my book. Definitely let me know what you cook up tho.

Thank you sir

Thank you sir

Man, you must be some kind of proud. You might have to give up that day job and give these big names a run for their money! Sounds like everyone who's shot one of your triggers thinks it's the best on the market. You'll be hearing from me within the week as well.

Thank you sir
Man, you must be some kind of proud. You might have to give up that day job and give these big names a run for their money! Sounds like everyone who's shot one of your triggers thinks it's the best on the market. You'll be hearing from me within the week as well.

Well it's actually humbling and I am more than grateful for the customers I have. And thank you as well and look forward to assisting you.

Because the Classic Grandmaster has everything. Fully adjustable pretravel and overtravel by just taking the slide off only.

Comes with Jager lightened extended tip striker that charlie tunes to your kit.. Plus you can get your trigger down in the

low 2lb range with the 4lb striker spring.. Phenomenal Kit.

Edited by bigtimelarry

I cannot get my trigger pull in the sub 3lbs let alone sub 2lbs with a Vanek set up. I have to run stock firing pin springs or fight with light strikes. Granted i run wolf/tula primers, winchesters or cci's. I have a few k of Federals but i have/will not set up my gun just to run them. Saving yhe federals for bigger matches. I like the pull length, reset and the feel of the wall in the Vanek, hope the DK runs as good. I dont feel that the half pound of trigger pull will move me up to higher class shooter as much as more practice and dry fire will.

Is it worth buying a $70-90 aftermarket striker to run the lighter striker springs?

I think I'm running a 4.5 or 5lb in my oc custom trigger, but can't go any lower without light strikes...

I've seen some trigger groups mandate them for their best performance, like glock store, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it worth buying a $70-90 aftermarket striker to run the lighter striker springs?

I think I'm running a 4.5 or 5lb in my oc custom trigger, but can't go any lower without light strikes...

I've seen some trigger groups mandate them for their best performance, like glock store, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've put a complete ZEV slide on a stock G17 frame and it makes the trigger almost as good as the complete ZEV unit. I really don't know the inner working of Glock triggers, but it seems the slide parts are just as important as the frame/trigger parts.....