Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II for Carry Optics?

NickD

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

Nice. How much of an adjustment is it compared to irons?

Not much at all, and that's why I tried it, I picked up a friends stock 2 and the dot was there instantly so I figured I'd try it... Dot cane, I threw it on, sighted in just before our weekly practice and went at it. The only thing that's difficult for me is weekhand. I can't get the position of the gun right and end up searching for the dot.  I will admit that if I dryfired for a week it would be automatic, but I've been very lazy in the dry fire department lately. 

I will say say that I really wish Bruce still made a delta point pro mount, the vortex is ok, but I'm still trying to figure out why it won't hold zero. I thought I had it last week and while it's better it still shifts slightly. 

Edited by bpipe95

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I got lucky. I got a Limited Pro WITH a Primary Machine mount for a Delta Point, & now both are discontinued. Had to send the gun to Patriot to get it right, but it is superb now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Contact Joe at patriot defense. He is working on it.  As i understand it, the firing pin block needs to be revamped to allow the dot to sit on the same level as the current sight cut.

If you look, you csn see thr fpb bobbing up and down under the rear sight.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, DenverDave said:

My Stock II with Henning grips and a 140mm mag comes in at 45.2 oz  BEFORE I add a Vortex Viper.  How are you getting these things under 45 oz?

(Looks both ways,  turns up collar, acts conspicuously inconspicuous... )

Psst! Hey, over here.... can you keep a secret?

Here's the stock 2 CO "secret sauce".

The front and rear sights weigh  1.1- 1 2oz. Lose them both.  A PD aluminum guide rod saves 3/4 oz. If you need that extra 1/4 oz, use a cz polymer guiderod. The mag well needs to be flared to help reloads, open it up and lose a couple tenths more.

Sadly, the nice aluminum grip panels have to go. Use factory wood, sanded wood with skate tape, PD plastic or factory plastic panels. Wood is 0.8oz w screws, hennings are 2.0oz. Shaved wood with skate tape came in at 0.7oz.

Use a light weight dot like vortex viper and a light (0.4 -0.5 oz) dovetail mount. The Primary vortex mount is 0.4oz.

Do all that and it should make weight even with (empty) extended mag bases that hold 23 rounds.

If you still need to lose weight, remove the magazine spacer plate and use a Grams 38s follower. That will save 0.6 oz.

3 hours ago, johnbu said:

(Looks both ways,  turns up collar, acts conspicuously inconspicuous... )

Psst! Hey, over here.... can you keep a secret?

Here's the stock 2 CO "secret sauce".

The front and rear sights weigh  1.1- 1 2oz. Lose them both.  A PD aluminum guide rod saves 3/4 oz. If you need that extra 1/4 oz, use a cz polymer guiderod. The mag well needs to be flared to help reloads, open it up and lose a couple tenths more.

Sadly, the nice aluminum grip panels have to go. Use factory wood, sanded wood with skate tape, PD plastic or factory plastic panels. Wood is 0.8oz w screws, hennings are 2.0oz. Shaved wood with skate tape came in at 0.7oz.

Use a light weight dot like vortex viper and a light (0.4 -0.5 oz) dovetail mount. The Primary vortex mount is 0.4oz.

Do all that and it should make weight even with (empty) extended mag bases that hold 23 rounds.

If you still need to lose weight, remove the magazine spacer plate and use a Grams 38s follower. That will save 0.6 oz.

Thank you John, appreciate the info.

We got tired of the calls and emails with complaints of the mounts fitting loose in dovetails due to EAA's horrible tolerances. 

We machined the mounts to be a tapped in fit with the slide we had here when we prototyped. Then we had complaints of them fitting loose in some guns, so we actually cut them even bigger on the second run, which still didn't seem to fix the fit in some people's guns, and some customers had to end up fitting them to get them to fit. 

Essentially the headache of us having to be the ones to deal with EAA's horrible qc/ tolerances got to the point it wasn't worth making a couple dollars on the mounts and dealing with exchanges, eating shipping fees for replacements, etc.