Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II for Carry Optics?

NickD

d6b090481cc4d721e07c3c5459107da9.jpg

She's pretty ugly with the RMR...
Window is probably the smallest on the market, and had to do a lot of dry firing to find the dot on the draw... managed to come in 2nd out of 22 at a local all steel match today behind an open B shooter... (I'm unclassified)

The tolerances on my stock2 don't match those used by Bruce @ Primary so he suggested I add a piece of shim stock underneath... hasn't moved at all over 200 rounds...

Looking at the available mounts vs optics that fit them, I think I'll stick to the RMR until someone makes an RTS2 dovetail mount... the slight increased window size of the delta point isn't worth buying another 400$ optic + $60 mount for me.
The RTS2 is noticeably bigger and would therefore be worth my time if I continue to pursue carry optics next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, bigbob21 said:

d6b090481cc4d721e07c3c5459107da9.jpg

She's pretty ugly with the RMR...
Window is probably the smallest on the market, and had to do a lot of dry firing to find the dot on the draw... managed to come in 2nd out of 22 at a local all steel match today behind an open B shooter... (I'm unclassified)

The tolerances on my stock2 don't match those used by Bruce @ Primary so he suggested I add a piece of shim stock underneath... hasn't moved at all over 200 rounds...

Looking at the available mounts vs optics that fit them, I think I'll stick to the RMR until someone makes an RTS2 dovetail mount... the slight increased window size of the delta point isn't worth buying another 400$ optic + $60 mount for me.
The RTS2 is noticeably bigger and would therefore be worth my time if I continue to pursue carry optics next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said before, if you decide you want a refund, do not hesitate to let me know. 

With that said, I'm glad you were able to make it work as I know you didn't want to return it.

very nice zomby

anyone know if the tanfo lpa rear sight cut is similar to the berreta 92 lpa cut?
I found a C-more sts dovetail mount for a beretta 92 and was curious if it could fit the stock2.... if not, maybe with some light filing or shim stock...
seems like all the red dots on the market are +/- 1mm from each other in size until you get to the rts2....

Edited by bigbob21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 67rschev said:

Primary Machine , Great fit , function , and in my hands in two days . Thanks

IMG_1463_zpsbm5lfy8f.jpg

No problem! 

Glad it fit properly. Major pain in the you know what when you're dealing with making a part for guns that apparently have a giant range of acceptable tolerance....

• 1 month later...

Worked some "magic", added special "Christmas snowflakes" and have a CO legal Stock 2 with primary machine adaptor, vortex viper dot, henning's grips and pads.

Thanks to PrimaryBruce for making the adaptors that made it happen.

tmp_30989-20161225_101013-1097266589.jpg

Edited by johnbu

How much do the grip screws weigh?

The recoil spring?

Myabe you guys can run a plastic sear and sear housing to shave weight.

What about dremeling off the hard chrome? Let us know how much lighter that makes the gun, if you don't mind.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 12/25/2016 at 5:09 PM, johnbu said:

Oh primary Bruce, i like it so much i ordered another adaptor and a buddy is having one dropped to my place for him too! 

You guys made some nice stuff! Thanks again.

Thank you sir! We truly appreciate the kind words. We have contemplated continuing making them. But making a product that we know has the possibility to not fit for reasons we can't control isn't something we're OK with. 

I can understand that! However, it will become more and more popular, especially with us old geezers.

Can you intentionally over size by 1-2 thousandth and just have customers fit? The stock tanfo sight was tighter than any I've dealt with. Yours was snug. I may still go back with locktite green, but am ok with it.

Depending how i like it, i may just have the slide milled.that should be no problem for you...right?

On 12/29/2016 at 8:26 AM, PrimaryBruce said:

Thank you sir! We truly appreciate the kind words. We have contemplated continuing making them. But making a product that we know has the possibility to not fit for reasons we can't control isn't something we're OK with. 

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 8:44 AM, johnbu said:

I can understand that! However, it will become more and more popular, especially with us old geezers.

Can you intentionally over size by 1-2 thousandth and just have customers fit? The stock tanfo sight was tighter than any I've dealt with. Yours was snug. I may still go back with locktite green, but am ok with it.

Depending how i like it, i may just have the slide milled.that should be no problem for you...right?

We could oversize them, yes. And thay was something we thought about doing from the get-go, but we THOUGHT we'd be doing everyone a favor by not making them break out the file to fit them in. Turns out we would have been better off.

It CAN be milled, however, the way the factory mills these with the LPA dovetail and how deep they go with the FPB recess...it's not ideal.

• 5 weeks later...

A few more pictures on CO stock 2. With henning basepad, but not added capacity  (ordered, not here yet).

Slide only, no barrel etc. Zerod scale to compare to Optic equipped slide.

20170201_094451_zpsvnqmnge6.jpg

Difference with optic installed. 0.3 oz.

20170201_094505_zpshahgx484.jpg

40 sw barrel

20170201_094114_zpsicteexca.jpg

9mm barrel. 1/2 oz heavier than 40sw barrel.

20170201_094059_zpsdazlczmu.jpg

Edited by johnbu

• 2 weeks later...