Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II for Carry Optics?

NickD

Latest iteration of small frame Stock II Xtreme with empty Xtreme 18 round mag on kitchen scales - 44.35 oz. Just the gun, with production iron sights - 41 oz exactly.

Edited by arkadi

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the uspsa list stock ii xtreme large frame is just over 44 oz with a mag. So a j point may be the only way to make a dovetail work. Assuming that weight is correct.

Edited by MHitchcock

If enough of you guys want dovetail adaptors, we could make a run of them on the CNC pretty quickly. Making several at a time would be far more cost effective than one's and two's. Hit us up in our vendor forum for a tone interested.

If someone would want to donate their slide and optic for us to have on hand when we produce them, we'll do yours free.

For us to make one or two wouldn't be cost effective, but 3+ I belive we can offer at an unbeatable price.

We can have them hard coat anodized after or cerakoted. Either way, pricing would be right in line, if not less, than all the other dovetail mounts out there.

Edited by PrimaryBruce

On the uspsa list stock ii xtreme large frame is just over 44 oz with a mag. So a j point may be the only way to make a dovetail work. Assuming that weight is correct.

I just got the Shield/Jpoint today and the thing feels like a feather compared to all of the other mini dots I have owned. The lens is crystal clear as well. No tint on it whatsoever.

Edited by MrPostman

If enough of you guys want dovetail adaptors, we could make a run of them on the CNC pretty quickly. Making several at a time would be far more cost effective than one's and two's. Hit us up in our vendor forum for a tone interested.

If someone would want to donate their slide and optic for us to have on hand when we produce them, we'll do yours free.

For us to make one or two wouldn't be cost effective, but 3+ I belive we can offer at an unbeatable price.

We can have them hard coat anodized after or cerakoted. Either way, pricing would be right in line, if not less, than all the other dovetail mounts out there.

Hey I wouldn't have a problem sending mine. I could make these as well in my shop but I don't have a cnc so it would take me longer. If we can get a group buy together then lets do it.

My first idea was to drill and thread the dovetail for the optic mount screws but after looking it over I believe the better option is to put the optic screws into the relief for the adjustable rear sight. That way the mount can set lower. The optic mount will overhang in the rear slightly but not enough to cause any interference problems.

73dad21c7bc0cb1ff422ec12b2836da0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I just weighed the Lim pro and it weighs 38.5 oz empty and 42.4 oz with the empty mag. So the Shield/Jpoint is probably the best option to keep the stock 2s under the weight limit.

Hey I wouldn't have a problem sending mine. I could make these as well in my shop but I don't have a cnc so it would take me longer. If we can get a group buy together then lets do it.

My first idea was to drill and thread the dovetail for the optic mount screws but after looking it over I believe the better option is to put the optic screws into the relief for the adjustable rear sight. That way the mount can set lower. The optic mount will overhang in the rear slightly but not enough to cause any interference problems.73dad21c7bc0cb1ff422ec12b2836da0.jpg

Sounds good, Postman! If you wouldn't mind, just post in our group buy thread that you're in for one,game for sending your slide, and what optic you need the mount for.

I'm just trying to get an idea of quantities.

I just weighed the Lim pro and it weighs 38.5 oz empty and 42.4 oz with the empty mag. So the Shield/Jpoint is probably the best option to keep the stock 2s under the weight limit.

Does the mag have factory or aftermarket base pads?

Just FYI if there aren't enough folks that want these for Primary Machine to take on the task I will still be glad to make them. I will probably go on and make mine this weekend since I have everything I need to do it.

Right on.

Does anyone know of a place to get a spare slide, in case, you know, someone wanted to be able to swap another slide on to not have to machine their original.

EAA Unfortunately is the only one that would have a Stock 2 or Limited Pro slide. Numrich does sell the regular slides for cheap but they will not work with the Bull barrel in the Stock 2 so you may have to get a barrel as well.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/EuropeanAmericanArmory-33215/AutoPistols-36073/WitnessFullSize-34951.htm?page=3

Right on.

Does anyone know of a place to get a spare slide, in case, you know, someone wanted to be able to swap another slide on to not have to machine their original.

EAA Unfortunately is the only one that would have a Stock 2 or Limited Pro slide. Numrich does sell the regular slides for cheap but they will not work with the Bull barrel in the Stock 2 so you may have to get a barrel as well.http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/EuropeanAmericanArmory-33215/AutoPistols-36073/WitnessFullSize-34951.htm?page=3

Do you know if those are large frame? And when they say "assembly", what is included?

I'm not sure about that, I haven't actually bought one from them. They may be for small frame pistols. I just remembered seeing them there so I just wanted to share the info.

Edited by MrPostman

• 2 weeks later...
On July 28, 2016 at 5:03 PM, MrPostman said:

I just got the Shield/Jpoint today and the thing feels like a feather compared to all of the other mini dots I have owned. The lens is crystal clear as well. No tint on it whatsoever.

What model sight did you get from Shield? Do you have a link? How do you like the sight?  I would like to use my Burris FastFire III but no one else has ordered a mount for one yet. Would be willing to get the Shield if you have good feedback. Thanks!

52 minutes ago, NickD said:

What model sight did you get from Shield? Do you have a link? How do you like the sight?  I would like to use my Burris FastFire III but no one else has ordered a mount for one yet. Would be willing to get the Shield if you have good feedback. Thanks!

I still haven't received my slide and mount back yet, Primary Machine is located in Louisiana so I expected it to be delayed due to the flooding they experienced there. I will say that the sight is super light, lighter than any other MRDS I have owned. Also the lens is completely clear with no tint whatsoever. If weight is an issue this one will certainly help in that department.

http://www.shieldpsd.com/portfolio-posts/freeart-app-design

Click to buy tab is in red on page. The sight will come from England, it took 8 days for mine to get here and I paid $237 shipped for it. The sight is similar in size to the fastfire 3 but the mounting holes are in a slightly different location.

I bought the 4 moa version, here is a link to it.

http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/shield-mini-sight-sms4moa-dot

Edited by MrPostman
Added content

38 minutes ago, MrPostman said:

I just checked the exchange rate and it is about the same as buying the Jpoint here in the states which is the same sight. I just got a deal when the exchange rate was favorable. 

Yes, you got a good buy on the Shield.  I have had really good luck with my FastFire III and they are about $204 shipped from Amazon right now. Weight is .9 oz without the mount so should be good to go depending on what the mount comes in at. Thanks for the info though. Any ETA from PrimaryBruce?  

• 2 weeks later...