Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II for Carry Optics?

NickD

Hi @PrimaryBruce !

I'm using your mount with vortex pattern. It was, and is, loose. I just shrugged and put a layer of electrical tape under it (not in the dove cut). Then used a slide pusher to install. Cinched it tight with the provided screw, slathered with locktite blue 242.

This was one of the first batch. I bring it up because it's been a non-issue. The mount has (knock wood)  never loosened. The original vortex dot has died and was replaced by vortex, but the mount has never been a problem.

Happy customer.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

We got tired of the calls and emails with complaints of the mounts fitting loose in dovetails due to EAA's horrible tolerances. 

We machined the mounts to be a tapped in fit with the slide we had here when we prototyped. Then we had complaints of them fitting loose in some guns, so we actually cut them even bigger on the second run, which still didn't seem to fix the fit in some people's guns, and some customers had to end up fitting them to get them to fit. 

Essentially the headache of us having to be the ones to deal with EAA's horrible qc/ tolerances got to the point it wasn't worth making a couple dollars on the mounts and dealing with exchanges, eating shipping fees for replacements, etc.

the story of our LIFE!!!!! Sometimes we wonder why we do it to ourselves....... However the tanfo crowd is a good bunch. 

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

the story of our LIFE!!!!! Sometimes we wonder why we do it to ourselves....... However the tanfo crowd is a good bunch. 

Absolutely. And it isn't even that anyone was mad or upset about it. But we are the type of company to do what we can to make it right, not just tell them to get lost and find a solution. So what that meant for us was eating shipping for a replacement if that's what the customer wanted. 

Anyone have experience with the EGW adapter for the EAA supersight? It looks identical to the primary arms one. I had no idea about the tolerance issues until reading this thread. I assume EGW will have the same problems? 

Has there been any progress on getting a slide machined for a dot? I finally got my stock 2 in and looked at the firing pin block, I wonder if it would be feasible to machine it down as well and use the bottom of a sight as a cap. Sure would be sweet to get a red dot in the slide 

Well I'm happy to report the EGW adapter worked great on my Limited. The dovetail was a bit oversized, I had to file it wee bit to get it in there. The end result was super tight fit. I'll report back after mounting the FF3 and getting some rounds through it. 

20171017_210616.jpg

20171017_210633.jpg

Good Question John....I had not gotten to that part yet.
If my math is right  45.7 oz.   Now I plan to whip out your formula and go from there to get the weight down.
The mag is one from my Gold Team so it is a 38 Super with a Grams kit and a Henning Basepad.

BTW:  John or Atlas or anyone else in the group who knows....can I just run my S2 (9mm) with these mags?  Will it work (like to know before I start ordering more stuff)  PLUS I have Henning grips on it, do you thinks Scales 2.0 might make up the difference?

S2-withmag.jpg

Edited by DenverDave

7 minutes ago, DenverDave said:

Good Question John....I had not gotten to that part yet.
If my math is right  45.7 oz.   Now I plan to whip out your formula and go from there to get the weight down.
The mag is one from my Gold Team so it is a 38 Super with a Grams kit and a Henning Basepad.

BTW:  John or Atlas...can I just run my S2 (9mm) with these mags?  Will it work (like to know before I start ordering more stuff)

S2-withmag.jpg

It should. I know people that run 9mm in 38s guns. But a wise person would verify,  especially when fully loaded.

Sorry Primary Bruce, FYI guys I was the one who sent my slide so he could prototype these mounts. It was off of a Limited pro and it was bone stock, as far as I could tell the rear sight had never been off of it. So yeah they have some tolerance issues but I still love the guns.

FYI the best way to fix loose fitting sights or sight mounts that slide into a dovetail is to get some aluminum flashing from Home Depot and then cut a strip to the correct width, place under the sight or mount as you tap it into the dovetail, if it is too tight you can take the strip and hammer it flatter on a smooth vise or another piece of hard metal and then try it again. It works everytime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, oddjob said:

Denver Dave,

Just want to confirm... This mount from EGW?  http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-scope-mounts/optima/jp-mount-for-eaa-super-sight/

thanks

Yes, but depending on which optic you are going to put on it.

This is the one I went with for my Vortex Viper:  http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-scope-mounts/docter-sight-mount-for-eaa-super-sight/

BTW....took it out and shot it the other day.  I am VERY happy with it.
Red dots sure solve the problem of aging eyes.

I love mine with the red dot and egw bracket.  Because it is on the slide it does jump a lot.  But after a month you get used to it.

I agree with some FB posts.  Rules need to change in CO

Must be over 60 to join in.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

It’s almost done. Just need wood grips, patriot defense lightweight guide rod, and the mag extensions. @PrimaryBruce I must have just been one of the lucky ones, dovetail mount worked perfectly!!!!

42638005d8c7913a93eba5b6e408f79b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ngodwetrust21