Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II for Carry Optics?

NickD

With the recent rule change increasing the max weight to 45oz with empty mag and optic, the Stock II would sneak in under the wire if my calcs are correct. Weight with mag is 43oz (weighed mine to be sure). Also weighed the rear sight at 1.05 oz which would obviously be removed. Slide cut would remove more weight (?). Checked weight of Burris FF III and Docter sights, both under 1 oz. with battery. Leupold Deltapoint is .6 oz with batt.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do run it, could you do a SAO trigger or would that be illegal?

It would also depend on if you milled the slide or used a dovetail mount. I would mill, that would remove weight. Not a ton, but some.

Edited by Open1215

If I could find an adapter to fit the LPA dovetail, I've got a FastFire III I'd like to try out. Not sure I'm ready to cut the slide until I do. Might be a better idea to buy a new slide to get modified so you could change back and forth.

• 5 months later...

Is there anybody here who already tried shooting the Stock 2 with Delta Point (or any other red dot) in Carry Optics Division?

I think it's an awesome set-up for as long as it's within the weight limit.

Is there any after market mount available? Or who can do the slide cut and install the red dot at the same time?

Or who can do the slide cut and install the red dot at the same time?

I used to run a slide ride scope on my Tanfoglio Open gun, Beven Grams did the milling for it. It's possible to get the scope really low down on these slides... You could try Beven or Canyon Creek Custom as I think they do a lot of work on Tanfoglios.

Would be interested in a LPA dovetail mount to try it out. But there is no way I would cut a stock ii slide for an optic without trying it with dovetail first. I think a light dovetail mount w/ an RTS2 would make weight.

Thanks BritinUSA! I'll try to contact them.

That's a great point MHitchcock however I can't find any mount for old version Delta Point (not the Pro). I have a RTS2 but I think I'll keep that with my 2011 frame mounted red dot for Open Division.

That's a great point MHitchcock however I can't find any mount for old version Delta Point (not the Pro). I have a RTS2 but I think I'll keep that with my 2011 frame mounted red dot for Open Division.

If you haven't found someone to mill your slide, we can do it at Primary Machine. :)

Firing pin block still has to function to be legal for the division. Not much space in front of it to mount a dot unless you want it right behind the breechface. The cut would also have to cut into the pin location for the extractor.

Best option would be a dovetail mount so you can change it back and still shoot production division.

If you haven't found someone to mill your slide, we can do it at Primary Machine. :)

Hey, if the LPA adapter doesn't exist to make this happen could you or MrPostman machine one???

That's a great input MrPostman. I agree with you that the best option is an adaptor.

Thanks EngeneerEli, I decided not to machine cut my slide anymore so I can change it back and shoot production (if needed). I hope you can make a red dot adaptor if no one has started making them yet.

You can buy the poly Shield sight directly from Shield in Britain. I paid $237 shipped for mine and it is the same sight as the Jpoint which is $299 plus shipping. The best part is that it is all poly construction so it only weighs .5 oz, so you are not adding much weight.

Edited by MrPostman

I plan on using some 6061 aluminum so it will be light. I can use the factory detent locations under the LPA by drilling and tapping the mount to hold it in place, and then drill and thread the aluminum for the optic mounting screws where it slides into the dovetail for maximum strength. Should work very well.

The Lim Pro weighs 41 oz if what is posted on EAAs sight is correct. It lists the Stock 2 at 43 oz. The factory LPA adjustable sight weighs about .5 oz so it will be a push with the shield/Jpoint. The mount and screws will add about .3 to .4 oz. So the Lim pro should make weight, the Stock 2 may need some lighting with some scale grips and/or some internal lightening in the frame or slide. The front sight weighs about .15 oz so you can lose that if needed.

Short bus/Luke would you weigh your stock 2 with an empty mag to see where we are at? Thanks!