Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II for Carry Optics?

NickD

Ryan and I had a talk about how many of you guys are still hunting for mounts. 

The Fastfire III/Venom models were BY FAR the most popular of all.

We've decided we are going go do another run of them and make the dovetails a little bigger so hand fitment will almost certainly be necessary. 

They can be pre ordered NOW on the website. These next ones will be hard anodized instead of cerakoted and we hope to have them shipping in 2-3 weeks! 

Edited by PrimaryBruce

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

We've decided we are going go do another run of them and make the dovetails a little bigger so hand fitment will almost certainly be necessary. 

They can be pre ordered NOW on the website. These next ones will be hard anodized instead of cerakoted and we hope to have them shipping in 2-3 weeks! 

Great news! Not sure I'll ever shoot CO but I'd like to have one on hand anyway. 

wondering if you can make the dovetails for delta point mount a little bigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 1911A12011 said:

wondering if you can make the dovetails for delta point mount a little bigger?

We're not making any Deltapoint mounts again. Fastfire III/Venom mounts were the only ones popular enough to make another run of.

I think people were willing to experiment with the fastfire because it was the cheapest to get into the division...
I tried the same with an old rmr i had... I love the idea of dots and want to shoot open eventually, but personally, I'm not competitive with the rmr or similarly sized red dots (smallest on market) so I took it off...
I might try again with a deltapoint or rts2 as I could use those as backups for an open gun in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2017 at 8:44 AM, PrimaryBruce said:

Link? I didn't see them. Thanks!

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today, looks great. My sight cut probably a little on the loose side, but that's the name of the game with these guns. I put a drop of hot glue under the mount and then used blue thread locker on the set screw, it won't go anywhere anytime soon. Thanks Bruce for seeing a need and filling it!

On 3/17/2017 at 10:24 PM, scffacenter1 said:

Got mine today, looks great. My sight cut probably a little on the loose side, but that's the name of the game with these guns. I put a drop of hot glue under the mount and then used blue thread locker on the set screw, it won't go anywhere anytime soon. Thanks Bruce for seeing a need and filling it!

Gotta love Tanfo QC....we even oversized the dovetail dimensions slightly on these from the first ones...

Edited by PrimaryBruce

It flew off half way through a stage and I couldn't stop laughing, only had 1 Mike on the 12 targets left after I lost it. All I could think of is, does this still count as an optic, or am I now in open? It was funny in the moment.

Not surprising. CO shooting with a dot is basically point shooting. The dot is only visible with a good index, so pointing with a good index "should be" pretty close.   I actually check index by drawing or reloading with eyes closed, then looking to see if the dot is right there.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, waktasz said:

Any idea if the viper and venom have the same mounting hole arrangement? I like the idea of the Viper, it's not as tall. 

Getting the itch to try CO...maybe

Supposedly they do, but I'll let you know for sure in about 2 hours... I picked the viper for the same reason. 

5 hours ago, bpipe95 said:

Supposedly they do, but I'll let you know for sure in about 2 hours... I picked the viper for the same reason. 

I can can confirm that they fit the same mount.  

• 4 weeks later...