Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pictorial Comparison RTS2 vs Deltapoint Pro

Smokin

Drifting this back on topic.. Smokin, I can't quite tell in your photos but does the RTS2 you have in the pic have the blue tint lens or is it the newer clear one? It is so tough taking photos of lenses and dots.

The lens has a VERY VERY sliiiiight hint of blue to it, but it is clear. Compared with the RTS2 its completely clear.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, dot is small, 7.5 moa is a delta shape (triangle). The latter is what you want for uspsa. Zero the sight with the top point of the delta at point of impact. The delta is fast to acquire and the tip gives you great accuracy

Yes, dot is small, 7.5 moa is a delta shape (triangle). The latter is what you want for uspsa. Zero the sight with the top point of the delta at point of impact. The delta is fast to acquire and the tip gives you great accuracy

That's why I chose the triangle. Use the top point to sight in and for more precise shots. Use the entire triangle for up close fast shots. Sort of the best of both worlds.

If you shoot the 8moa Cmore than the Delta Point 2.5 is perfect size Dot. When I went from the Slide Ride to the DP the delta point (triangle) was weird and looked way to large. But everyone is different, that's why they make so many sights..

Edited by a matt

If you shoot the 8moa Cmore than the Delta Point 2.5 is perfect size Dot. When I went from the Slide Ride to the DP the delta point (triangle) was weird and looked way to large. But everyone is different, that's why they make so many sights..

I don't think I would like the triangle.

2.5moa is not the same size as 8.0moa… I think it only appears that way, the smaller lens of the DP compared with the C-More is the most likely reason. The dot is closer to the edges of the lens at that may make it appear larger (like the moon appears much larger when it is closer to the horizon).

The original DeltaPoint had a 3.5moa dot, I don't have any problem in tracking it, though I would prefer a brightness control on it. I think 2.5moa should be okay with a brightness control.

The price of the DP-Pro is putting me off it a bit, so I'm going to try the Romeo-1 from Sig once it comes available, it has a much lower profile than the DP-Pro (very similar in size to the original DeltaPoint).

The DP pro with 2.5 is so much brighter than the Cmore's that the 8 seems about the same. To me, but it's nice and bright..

The cheapest I have found the DP pro is $550.00, still high. It's a great piece but...

Edited by a matt

The DP pro with 2.5 is so much brighter than the Cmore's that the 8 seems about the same. To me, but it's nice and bright..

The cheapest I have found the DP pro is $550.00, still high. It's a great piece but...

That makes sense. More than size I like a bright, bright dot especially in this desert sun.

Would anyone have a spec sheet (dimensions) for the mounting holes and pin holes for both the Cmore RTS2 and the DeltaPoint Pro?

I would like to look into making an adapter to mount the Deltapoint Pro onto a mount designed for the RTS2. (SV mount)

Unless this has been done already and my google foo is not up to par.

"I would like to look into making an adapter to mount the Deltapoint Pro onto a mount designed for the RTS2. (SV mount)"

I would be interested also! I've considered using a Double Tap Sports or SV mount but both are for a RTS2 only. None offer it for a DPro point.

If the SV mount is for the RTS2, one can only assume that SV thinks very highly of this optic?

I started a thread a few weeks ago asking the same question, about mount a DPro point onto a RTS2 only mount. Didnt get many responsive.

thanks

Edited by kimberacp

Really all i need is a spec on the delta point, i have the sv mount to get the measurements for the rts2. Would prefer both but i plan to try to draw something in fusion and see if i can get it machined out of aluminium.

Maybe this is off topic but it seems everyone is wanting a short slideride. Nothing wrong with the slideride except for its lentgh. If cmore was able to shorten the slideride even just a little bit, believe they would corner the market. It seems do-able.

It seems to me that with the advances in tiny electronics that have happened over the last 23 years or whatever since the Slideride first came out, that they could make it half as thick and quite a bit shorter without changing the functionality a whole ton. If the body were thinner and shorter, the ejection problems would cease and people could still have the dot quality they like. My 2 cents

Edited by Gooldylocks

Those are popular among some which proves a point. Not an engineer but seems cmore could shorten their slideride without major changes in performance. Maybe its a tooling and manufacturing thing. Seems the RTS2 was offered to compete in the MRD market .... you have to admit, it looks very simular to some others out there. Years ago, Tasco did the same thing ... which looks just like the JP.