Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pictorial Comparison RTS2 vs Deltapoint Pro

Smokin

All and all, the Deltapoint Pro is a MUCH better scope than both the previous Deltapoint and the RTS2. The scope appears to be much more robust. It has a spring steel impact shield and is made for a tactical LE/Miltiary environment. Moreover my RTS 2 has already been in service once (as many others have had theirs in service). The DP Pro stays on with motion and allegedly has a 6+ month battery life staying on all the time (if it was bouncing around in the back of a patrol car). The 3.5MOA dot is on the DP Pro is actually brighter than the RTS2 on its brightest setting and is just as visible. The quality of the glass on the Leopold seems significantly better from what I can tell. The dot also point in nearly exactly the same spot as the RTS2 (you won't have to retrain yourself). The glass is roughly the same height and appears to be wider. The new DP Pro is taller than the old one in both the height of the glass as well as the body. So even though the legacy Deltapoint may have been lower, the newer unit allows for brightness control, and replacing the battery without removal of the scope. Kinda pricey at ~$600 but not bad. Wonder how many others will make the switch.

1EC1E8AA-9A00-4E62-B6EE-C72C34CC1FCA.jpg

80576F70-1A3A-4532-8C03-D19A69CC8ED1.jpg

AE758CFC-6678-4C7C-A9D0-829EF6016CA9.jpg

45D92A4B-CEFA-475D-A385-940D808FEAAE.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long has the pro been out and what's known about it's reliability?

Its probably been out for 4-6 months. The first delta point was extraordinarily reliable. I can't imagine that this would be any worse. Leupold is known for reliability as a key portion of their tactical market is LE and Military. When is the last time you saw a LE/Military weapon with a C-More product? not saying they are bad, but its really not their market.

Edited by Smokin

Delta Points are all I use. I don't think there is anything better. Fact is, I have never owned a Cmore product. And, after the RTS2 fiasco I definitely would not purchase their products. I mean, that tells me all I need to know about the Cmore company.

Delta Points are all I use. I don't think there is anything better. Fact is, I have never owned a Cmore product. And, after the RTS2 fiasco I definitely would not purchase their products. I mean, that tells me all I need to know about the Cmore company.

They have had some issues and taken good care of those affected. What does that tell you exactly?

Edited by Garmil

I guess that they have had an issue with a product means you should write them off completely. Lets totally disregard the fact that they warranty the RTS2's without question. We should also forget about the decades of support they have shown the shooting sports. Yup, crappy company.

Cmore's decision to continue to sell the RTS/RTS2 with a significant number of failures requiring at least a V3 (I understand there may be a V4) will absolutely result in responses like Reshoot's. Yes, they send back the latest itineration quickly but shipping is on my dime and I like to know if I am paying to be a beta tester. I do think it speaks to a company's character. If it is a big enough deal not to use their products is a personal choice.

my dp1 was defective after 3 months, my first rts2 after 4 months, himself repaired, 2 weeks later broken, the processing is bad.

my sts and rts have not kept long,

a lot of money for scrap.

dp2 too expensive, 750 euros with us

Shoot again the old Cmore, 10 years old and still in operation

my dp1 was defective after 3 months, my first rts2 after 4 months, himself repaired, 2 weeks later broken, the processing is bad.
my sts and rts have not kept long,
a lot of money for scrap.
dp2 too expensive, 750 euros with us
Shoot again the old Cmore, 10 years old and still in operation

The "old" Cmore's have their own set of issues as well. Not to mention they chew through batteries.

I've seen the tiny leads that attach the switch pot to the board crack after only several months of shooting, on multiple sights.

Modules also go bad from time to time.

Open guns beat on optics pretty hard. Especially with some of the less sturdy mounts that allow more flex.

Drifting this back on topic.. Smokin, I can't quite tell in your photos but does the RTS2 you have in the pic have the blue tint lens or is it the newer clear one? It is so tough taking photos of lenses and dots.

I guess that they have had an issue with a product means you should write them off completely. Lets totally disregard the fact that they warranty the RTS2's without question. We should also forget about the decades of support they have shown the shooting sports. Yup, crappy company.

I can not believe what I am reading here!

A company knowling sells defective products to consumers. Consumers that believe they are purchasing a good, working product. This action was, at a mininum, immoral and probably a violation of law. And yet, many of you support the actions of Cmore. WOW!

It is a good thing there is no lemon law that applies here, but there sure as h**l should be. Can you imagine, in today's world, purchasing an automobile and taking it back time after time, for the same defect? Nope, it is your right under the law to ask, and get, your money back.

ANY company that doupted me into buying a knowling defective product would be facing questions from my state's attorney general. I would see to it!

I don't care how many good Leupold (for example) products I have, if they were to stick me with a knowling defective product, It would be the last time I dealt with them.

Obviously, some of you can not see the forest for the trees.

How long has the pro been out and what's known about it's reliability?

Its probably been out for 4-6 months. The first delta point was extraordinarily reliable. I can't imagine that this would be any worse. Leupold is known for reliability as a key portion of their tactical market is LE and Military. When is the last time you saw a LE/Military weapon with a C-More product? not saying they are bad, but its really not their market.

Cmore does not even come close to the reliability of any of the Delta Point or the Pros. It took so long to become avalible to the civilian market because the military took so many of them when they first came out. Cmore is good for the game and it's priced 1/2 as much as the Pro cause it's about 1/2 as good. Just my opinion and I have run them both.

Thank you for all these comparison pictures. Great info. Cheers

Edited by a matt