Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestion 1X optics for Factory Division

timawa

I have an Aimpoint T1 and Aimpoint M4s and love them both. For a go-to rifle where the battery never seems to die, there isn't much better available. For 3-gun competition, my astigmatism in my dominant eye makes the red dot irregular in shape and a little harder for long range targets. If you don't have an astigmatism, it would work great.

I have no idea what rules are for factory div. but, For limited on a budget, I would also say vortex Spitfire. Little more $$$ can get you a trij MRO if you can stretch funds. The MRO is pretty

badass.

Edited by Lead-Head

• 4 weeks later...

Budget $400. Poor man's optics, cheaper the better. I'll spend more money on ammos.

Thanks.

Cut budget in half. I love these have them on several rifles and they hold up. Primary Arms Advanced Series Micro dot. 50K battery life. Bright dot. These are not the dim dots you see on similary priced optics. These are bright and rugged. I have tested them on 12 gauge shotguns and even a 45 70 with hot loads.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life/p/kt-md-ads/

Edited by Alaskapopo

Primary Arms micro dot. 2 moa dot, upper a/b zone hits at 100 are easy. Tracks very well, dot is bright. 169.95 plus the mount. Cheap mount is 29.95. Very , very reliable. Extra long battery life.

These have caught my eye recently... Reviews seem great ... I have no personal experience with one, but very possibly might add it to the collection this season...

HOLOSUN HS403A Micro Red Dot Sight (2 MOA) with AR Riser https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KOOEZ6W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_afd2wbH3RGPAM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vote here for the Aimpoint Pro. Durability is outstanding, battery life is 5 years if you leave it on, holds a zero without any worry. They are right at your $400 budget. Second would be the Vortex. High quality and they have a solid warranty so if you have issues, they fix it. I spent my money on the Aimpoint and have zero regrets, 5 years ago. I guess I should change the battery this year...

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Edited by inspector1999

These have caught my eye recently... Reviews seem great ... I have no personal experience with one, but very possibly might add it to the collection this season...

HOLOSUN HS403A Micro Red Dot Sight (2 MOA) with AR Riser https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KOOEZ6W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_afd2wbH3RGPAM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this while browsing for 1X optics and 1 of the reviewer apparently submerged it in water and survived.

The only problem with the Holosun is the battery is on the bottom, between the sight and the mount. The battery is expected to last with the electronics in them though. Again, Primary Arms. Great people to deal with. I have replaced all of my EO Techs with them and could not be happier. I have complete confidence in mine and I have had many optics over the years.

The only problem with the Holosun is the battery is on the bottom, between the sight and the mount. The battery is expected to last with the electronics in them though. Again, Primary Arms. Great people to deal with. I have replaced all of my EO Techs with them and could not be happier. I have complete confidence in mine and I have had many optics over the years.

My understanding is that Holosun manufactures the Primary Arms. I have not used either but looked at a Holosun in the store and the model with the battery underneath the sight makes for a very slick package.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

All the above are GTG options but it all comes down to your eyes. Some folks cannot use a red dot even with corrected lenses as their astigmatism can only be corrected so far. Others do not have the ability to focus and adjust to different "Eye Box" lengths. I am near sighted with astigmatism , super right eye dominate, and the left eye is 3 times weaker than my right. You can get a decent optic in your price range but you want to find what works for you. Try everything you can get your hands on and get sight pics at different ranges and positions. I like a bigger eye box than a small tube because my weak left eye needs all the help shooting support side.

I have astigmatism and I have no problem with red dots as long as I don't crank the power to 10. Which, it seems, a lot of people do. Set the power to the minimum you can see in that light and the dot doesn't wash out. That said, cheap but good optic is the TRS-25 by Bushnell. With an AR riser, $79.99 from http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Optics-TRS-25-HiRise-Riflescope/dp/B00ABP8YCA