Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proposed Provisional Division-Factory Limited

d_striker

See attached.

Production 10 will remain.

I think a better name for the division is Factory Limited.

I think holster and mag positions should be same as Production so people could go back and forth without having to change setups. It also keeps it in line with IPSC Production as far as placement goes.

Factory Limited.pdf

Edited by d_striker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's just Production with no mag limit; can use as long a mag as will fit in the box? Would probably wind up being around 20-22 rounds for most guns.

I must admit, if this did exist I would choose it over Production 10 :devil:

Edited by Southpaw

Which gun right now can stuff the most ammunition in those dimensions?

That's exactly the problem I have with "Unlimited". You would be narrowing down the list of guns to a very select few.

That's originally why IPSC went to 15 rounds. People were complaining that it was turning into an arms race.

I don't know what the capacity is on all guns but I believe the max is 19 rounds. I know the XDm holds 19. I'm not sure what else does. Perhaps this could make the people that think metal framed CZ's have an advantage happy, since they only hold 18.

Which gun right now can stuff the most ammunition in those dimensions?

That's exactly the problem I have with "Unlimited". You would be narrowing down the list of guns to a very select few.

That's originally why IPSC went to 15 rounds. People were complaining that it was turning into an arms race.

I don't know what the capacity is on all guns but I believe the max is 19 rounds. I know the XDm holds 19. I'm not sure what else does. Perhaps this could make the people that think metal framed CZ's have an advantage happy, since they only hold 18.

Yes, I am aware of why IPSC went with 15 rounds. That's exactly why I chose 15 rounds. We all see somebody come out with their flavor of the week (new provision division of the week). Their usual thought process is, "I don't like the divisions that are available, because of one reason or another, and I want something that will fit my gun perfectly. Maybe give me a personal advantage. Hmm, I shoot an XDm and it holds more rounds than almost any other gun. That's it, make Production Unlimited. And all guns will have to still fit a box so I maintain my advantage."

Another excuse for this post, Instead of spending my time working on learning how to reload and working them into my stage plan, I will spend it on the internet stirring the proverbial pot.

In fact, I will make another post with a Provisioin Production 15.

Or all of these:

-BUG division. 6 rounds max minor scoring.

-Limited Minor 15

-Production 15

-Limited Minor with Optics. 140mm mag

-Lever action carbine

-Tactical (lights, lasers, etc)

-.22 pistol division. Introduce Ultra Minor PF

-.22 Rifle division

Edited by JackinSD

I'm game for production 15 or unlimited. I don't think we need both though. I'd say we should also consider a CO 15 or unlimited. Again just one or the other, we don't want to many divisions.

Two more divisions puts us at 10, I feel like that is a good number. I don't know if I'd want to go much higher than that.

Just bring whatever gun and equipment you have and we will make a NEW Division for each competitor. Let's say like, "Polymer, 17 round, Limited, Minor, Optics, breastfeed". You must bring a note from your mom on the last part.

The USPSA gods could never be stupid enough to change production, the fastest growing division. Then again they won't smoke L10 and revolver.

They wouldn't be changing Production. Production 10 will remain for all of those that want to shoot it.