Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Fallen Brethren 3Gun Challenge

16 hours ago, GSonnen said:

This is a BIG range.  You drive from stage to stage.  Some of the stages are 1/2 mile distant from the next  

You will NEED a 4x4 to climb the hill to the upper stages (7, 8, 9, & 10).  If you do not have 4x4, car pool with a squad mate.  

Or a rental car....

That will work too. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go last year, or the year before, so a general round count wouldn't hut. Not too worried about rifle and pistol as I can bring 500 of each as well as 250 shotgun or more, but the buckshot and slug requirement would be nice to know!

Any idea on round count yet?

On 9/12/2016 at 3:45 PM, kurtm said:

I didn't go last year, or the year before, so a general round count wouldn't hut. Not too worried about rifle and pistol as I can bring 500 of each as well as 250 shotgun or more, but the buckshot and slug requirement would be nice to know!

Here is what I found with a search on last year's match

n 9/18/2015 at 11:52 AM, Spartan-6 said:

OK, folks... Bring your cleaning gear 'cause you're going to be shooting some ammo...

Rifle: 190

Pistol: 170

Bird: 70

Slug: 25

See you in a couple of weeks!

-6-

Hello to all of next week's shooters. Some of you may have received a notice that the match is full and that you have been waitlisted. Please disregard that. I scrubbed the list this afternoon and have removed about 10 duplicate registrations. We are almost exactly 300 now.

If you have forgotten your sign in link, I can resend it to your registered address. If you have not been able to squad, it's because we still haven't received your check.

I'll be deleting all entries that have not yet paid this Friday. We'll work the registration over the weekend.

The online registration will be frozen on Monday morning. If we still have any slots available, registration will be done on Thursday and payment will be cash or money order.

It's all coming together for a full and promising match.

Best regards,
-6-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

** H E A V Y M E T A L **
So far we have only two shooters registered for Heavy Metal. It takes 10 for a division to 'make'. Y'all talk freely amongst yourselves and decide if 8 other shooters want to engage in the manly art. If not made by Monday, I'll contact those two shooters and have them reselect.

-6-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, ok, ok.... Ok,   Really looking forward to this match again.  Have always shot tac-ops before, not heavy.

Quiz time.   Rule: 6.1.1.4 Heavy Tac Ops and Heavy Metal divisions will require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to neutralize.

Is that for rifle and pistol?

Does pistol have to be a certain minimum caliber for Heavy Tac Ops for it to require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to neutralize.  Rule: 5.5.2   Handgun does not specify

a minimum caliber in rule:  5.5        Tactical Heavy Scope division.          Thank you.... Happy Trails

20 minutes ago, Szczinator said:

Ok, ok, ok.... Ok,   Really looking forward to this match again.  Have always shot tac-ops before, not heavy.

Quiz time.   Rule: 6.1.1.4 Heavy Tac Ops and Heavy Metal divisions will require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to neutralize.

Is that for rifle and pistol?

Does pistol have to be a certain minimum caliber for Heavy Tac Ops for it to require only 1 hit inside the scoring area to neutralize.  Rule: 5.5.2   Handgun does not specify

a minimum caliber in rule:  5.5        Tactical Heavy Scope division.          Thank you.... Happy Trails

I only ask this because it seams that Heavy Metal Limited is required to have a minimum .44 caliber pistol and so one could surmise that one hit with pistol is all that is required  inside the scoring area to neutralize.  Of course I could be mistaken.  It has happened before.   I thought I made a mistake once, but I found out I was mistaken.

Or, does Heavy Metal Limited have to deliver two hits on paper with their pistol?  

If they only have to hit once, then it would be more equitable if Heavy Tac Ops had that same advantage of shooting .30 cal rifle.   

I have shot heavy metal (.30 cal.) where if you had the minimum caliber pistol, only 1 hit inside the scoring area to neutralize was required with the pistol.

Not trying to throw a wrench into this, just looking for clarification.   

I usually shoot a 9mm but I could switch to a minimum .40 cal. (or whatever) for a one shot on target for pistol, with .30 cal. rifle combination.

Just saying.        Thank you for reading this even you don't consider it.    Happy Trails.... Szczinator

I hope this doesn't P.O. the other Heavy Tac Ops shooters.  Hey guts just trying to level the playing field.  

I have shot the last 5 or more years there as Tac Scope which is how I regestered earlier in the year.

BUT I have an iron sight build that I plan to shoot there this year.

i was going to wait and change that Thursday week.

Announcing here in case we can get more.

if irons does not make it I am fine beating the folks in scope division with my new irons.

that is all.

Why would a 9mm only need 1 hit anywhere to neutralize regardless of the division? From what I remember, that only applied to 45s in Heavy division...

Anything with "heavy" in the division title should NOT allow 9mm...

308, 12ga, and 45! Only!

jj