Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking to the Australian distributor; he thought the frame was a larger TS style frame too but the factory assures him it is a similar size to the current Shadow.

Supposed to arrive here in late March.

Talking to the Australian distributor; he thought the frame was a larger TS style frame too but the factory assures him it is a similar size to the current Shadow.

Supposed to arrive here in late March.

If it's TS sized, I'm definitely in.

Like the trigger guard. Drilled and tapped mag release is pretty out there for a prod gun.

Wish they'd fix some old design issues like how the grip panels are retained by just 1 screw.

Love the proper checkering and new serrations too. The goofy mismatched front and rear serrations never did excite me.

Hard to tell but it looks like it may be a tad longer too. Ie aus spec barrels may now be the norm. Nice to have a few mm extra barrel and extra sight radius. It's not a big difference but every bit helps. :)

Thank god I'm not the only person who thinks retaining the grip panels with a single screw is dumb. It lets the grips rock even with the best fitted grips.

The big deal the tanfog had over the shadow is the better frame (checkering, square trigger guard etc) and generally better ergos. It seems most of the updates on shadow2 address those issues. so now you basically will be getting a tanfoglo like frame ergo but with the renowned CZ trigger. It should sell very well.

That's clearly very subjective. I've had my hands on enough Stock IIs that there is no way I'd switch to them from my Shadows. I do like the checkering, but that's about it. Otherwise it doesn't feel nearly as good in my hands, and nobody can get the trigger to be nearly as good....not bad, but not as good. Granted, if there was no Shadow I'd be happy with a Stock II, but I don't find them to be superior in any way. I'm sure for other folks they feel better in hand, and that's why it's nice to have options.

Ergonomics aside, I've seen that the Tanfos usually need to be cleaned every 3-400 rounds or they start to malfunction, and then you have to play games with firing pins and primers to keep things reliable if you'd done much trigger work on them. A buddy of mine has done triggers for Ben and JJ, as well as his own guns, and the setup he uses involves a dry fire firing pin, practice ammo firing pin, and then a match firing pin (which needs Fed SP primers). This is also someone who's friends with Eric G, so he's getting the best info available...he said he spent the better part of a couple of months working on his Stock IIs every day to get the triggers as good as they are (and they're pretty good). After all of that, my Shadows (one of which I bought from this same guy when he got his Stock IIs) have better triggers, and have zero issues with reliability even after 1K+ rounds without cleaning, and require no thought about firing pins, primers, etc.

Is this replacing the current shadow? Is there going to be an accushadow based off this?

Nobody knows.

We are expecting the CZ factory team at the Australian IPSC Nationals at Easter to have Shadow 2.

We may also have a shipment in Australia at the same time (maybe).

Edited by BMaus

Is this replacing the current shadow? Is there going to be an accushadow based off this?

Nobody knows.

We are expecting the CZ factory team at the Australian IPSC Nationals at Easter to have Shadow 2.

We may also have a shipment in Australia at the same time (maybe).

Frustrating. I was finally ready to order an accu from mink or angus.

"nobody can get the trigger to be nearly as good....not bad, but not as good"

This has not been my experience at all. I have an Angus Shadow and I have a Stock III that was built by Stoegers gunsmith.

The Stock III has less than a 2 lb single and less than a 6lb double. The shadow is a pound heavier on both.

And as far as reliablity I never really cleaned either of them the entire season just added more lube, they both are totally reiable all season that way.

Back on topic. I will buy the fist Shadow II I can find.

This has not been my experience at all. I have an Angus Shadow and I have a Stock III that was built by Stoegers gunsmith.

The Stock III has less than a 2 lb single and less than a 6lb double. The shadow is a pound heavier on both.

And as far as reliablity I never really cleaned either of them the entire season just added more lube, they both are totally reiable all season that way.

That's your fault, not the guns. You can't compare like that. (Not trying to be a d***)

Like the trigger guard. Drilled and tapped mag release is pretty out there for a prod gun.

Wish they'd fix some old design issues like how the grip panels are retained by just 1 screw.

Love the proper checkering and new serrations too. The goofy mismatched front and rear serrations never did excite me.

Hard to tell but it looks like it may be a tad longer too. Ie aus spec barrels may now be the norm. Nice to have a few mm extra barrel and extra sight radius. It's not a big difference but every bit helps. :)

Thank god I'm not the only person who thinks retaining the grip panels with a single screw is dumb. It lets the grips rock even with the best fitted grips.

The big deal the tanfog had over the shadow is the better frame (checkering, square trigger guard etc) and generally better ergos. It seems most of the updates on shadow2 address those issues. so now you basically will be getting a tanfoglo like frame ergo but with the renowned CZ trigger. It should sell very well.

That's clearly very subjective. I've had my hands on enough Stock IIs that there is no way I'd switch to them from my Shadows. I do like the checkering, but that's about it. Otherwise it doesn't feel nearly as good in my hands, and nobody can get the trigger to be nearly as good....not bad, but not as good. Granted, if there was no Shadow I'd be happy with a Stock II, but I don't find them to be superior in any way. I'm sure for other folks they feel better in hand, and that's why it's nice to have options.

Ergonomics aside, I've seen that the Tanfos usually need to be cleaned every 3-400 rounds or they start to malfunction, and then you have to play games with firing pins and primers to keep things reliable if you'd done much trigger work on them. A buddy of mine has done triggers for Ben and JJ, as well as his own guns, and the setup he uses involves a dry fire firing pin, practice ammo firing pin, and then a match firing pin (which needs Fed SP primers). This is also someone who's friends with Eric G, so he's getting the best info available...he said he spent the better part of a couple of months working on his Stock IIs every day to get the triggers as good as they are (and they're pretty good). After all of that, my Shadows (one of which I bought from this same guy when he got his Stock IIs) have better triggers, and have zero issues with reliability even after 1K+ rounds without cleaning, and require no thought about firing pins, primers, etc.

I thought someone said his shadow can last 5000 rounds without cleaning and no malfunctions.

I thought someone said his shadow can last 5000 rounds without cleaning and no malfunctions.

Could be....I've never gone that long on mine, but I have never gotten to the point they started malfunctioning. Granted, I'm running N320 and JHPs or CMJs, so it's a very clean load, but I usually feel guilty somewhere north of 1,500 rounds and clean them.

An Angus trigger isn't nearly the best you can get on a CZ. Take one of those and have someone like Stuart (EERW) work his magic and it's a very different trigger.