Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

21 minutes ago, rhart123 said:

What ammo does your CTS like for shooting groups?

1.15 oal, 3.2 titegroup, 147 grain sns , range brass. 

Do not have a ransom rest & did not spend much effort on load development. When I can do 25 yard headshots free hand I call that good enough & move on to other things. Have 2 CTS's, one came to me with excellent accuracy & the other was nothing to brag about, put a CGW bushing in the second and now it is close to the first. Am a fan of "if it works well do not mess with it" so the first is my match gun and still has the oem bushing. 

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

My shadow black was like that after break in.  My accu shadow was extremely tight at first and even after about 10k through it now it is still very tight.  My shadow 2 already has more "wobble/play" than my accu shadow and I'm curious to find out after I start getting more rounds through it how much more "play" I'll find.  This is just a guess but I'm wondering if as the poly coat wears on the rails if that contributes to what you're seeing clw42???

I'm guessing it is the polycoat wearing in.  The slide rides in the frame as smooth as can be and I think I may have overstated the rattle.  I really have to give it a good shake to have it make a noise.  Just a normal movement of my hand and it's still 'tight' but it's a noticeable difference from when it was brand new.  I'm not complaining either. just for the record.  It was more of a curiosity as to what others are seeing as they get more rounds through theirs.

It's nothing like the 1911 I was issued by the Army back in 89...just before I got the M9.  Now that rattled like a maraca.

i am more accurate with my accu than my shadow 2. i put part of that down to the sights and familiarity with the trigger. not to the point im ready to give up on it, but enough to not make the switch instantly. for fast shots on targets and transitions i am really loving the shadow 2. just not out past 20 yards or on anything ultra tiny up close.

i have not tried my rami slide stop yet.

24 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i am more accurate with my accu than my shadow 2. i put part of that down to the sights and familiarity with the trigger. not to the point im ready to give up on it, but enough to not make the switch instantly. for fast shots on targets and transitions i am really loving the shadow 2. just not out past 20 yards or on anything ultra tiny up close.

i have not tried my rami slide stop yet.

I can second that from my limited experience as well.  I did just swap out the sights on my shadow 2 so we'll see if that helps me any.  I personally didn't like the aggressive slant on the sides of the rear angling up to center.  I switched to a less aggressive sight that I got from CZ custom and also put a Dawson on the front.  

12 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I have a dawson front and the kennsight fully adjustable rear on my accu. i'm tempted to mill my shadow 2 for an lpa cut and put the same rear sight on.

Rowdyb here is what it would look like.

IMG_0723.thumb.JPG.1cc873f67b2a313c90c7db0f2dd3c5b6.JPG

Edited by eerw

24 minutes ago, Big Dog Howie said:

Rowdy what Dawson site did use on your Shadow 2  

i havent done anything to my shadow 2's sights. it's my accu shadow that has different sights like i wish were on my shadow 2.

7 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i havent done anything to my shadow 2's sights. it's my accu shadow that has different sights like i wish were on my shadow 2.

OK I'm just needing a larger fiber optic since my eyes suck now for irons I'm used to my dot lol

Edited by Big Dog Howie

On 4/24/2017 at 1:59 PM, rhart123 said:

I also use the Rami on my S1 for the same reason (high grip). I ground down the little nub that rides in the slide of a Rami slide stop down and put it in my S2 - works good, even locks back on an empty mag. I've got about 600 rounds through. I thought I would lose lock-back capability, but I didn't.

Is this modification USPSA production legal?

RAMI is Production legal. Shadow 2 isn't yet. The part of the slide stop he is modifying is internal to the gun. I'd say good to go when the Shadow 2 is finally Prod legal.

So, I saw a Shadow 2 at a local shop. I messed around with it quite a bit, and just happened to notice that the corner in the beaver tail area was a little uncomfortable in my hand. Still, the impulse buy won out, and it came home with me. At my very first range outing, it gave me quite a blister. Am I the only one this is happening to? I got a chance to hold a Stock 2, and it felt more comfortable in my hand. I guess I'm going to have to go that route, cause this isn't going to be fun for me to shoot at all. :( 

czthumb.jpg

Edited by Bucky

13 hours ago, Steppenwolf said:

I do notice that the mag release extension (in stock position) digs a bit into my hand, but I take that as a good indicator of how hard I'm holding the grip with my support hand.

I take it as a good indication that I'm going to ask USPSA if I can dremel/replace/or pitch the dang thing :) . 

I've been shooting my Accu for about a year and a half now, and I really love it.   I was planning to buy a new one in December, but I guess I should go with the 2.  Hopefully they'll have a Accu version by then.  

I've read a lot in this thread, and from what I'm hearing (correct me if I'm wrong) is that the trigger will need some work.  From the list a few pages back most of the internals are the same, so I would assume the trigger on an S2 ordered through CZC with all the bells and whistles will be just as good as my S1.  

My first gun was an XDM 5.25.  One thing I noticed with Accu was that the mags seemed to slide right in during reloads.  I had struggled quite a bit with hitting my reloads before then, and the new gun seemed to help a lot. How are the mag changes with this gun, about the same?

For me the big question is about how the gun cycles and comes back onto the target.  Is there a noticeable improvement over the S1?   I know this kind of stuff is hard to put into words...

Lastly, if the difference isnt all that noticeable, would it make sense to just buy another Accu S1?

Thanks. 

Just4:

It's been a few months since I shot an SP-01 (set up with CGW parts to in-effect be a Shadow). The Shadow 2 grip fits my longer-fingered-hands better (you can get higher on the grip). The extra weight of the gun is nice. I had the trigger tuned and upgraded parts (running an 11.5# mainspring) as well as extended firing pin and spring. My Wheeler (cheap non-digital version) trigger gauge shows 3.25# SA and about 7# DA. If I had to choose between the Shadow 2 and Shadow 1 (never fired an Accu-Shadow) the 2 wins in every category. It is hard to compare cycling after a few months relying on memory, but the extra weight on the front end is nice. I'm glad I bought the Shadow 2. I also shoot an STI Edge and Marauder at times. The weights of the guns are all quite similar now (but the S2 is the new beefy boy in total weight).