PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, eerw said:

It is a shooter for sure.

IMG_0738.thumb.PNG.1373f629dac4a7499c875b7cd17a0953.PNG

It looks awesome Stuart. When do you think the whole gun (new frame, slide, barrel) will be ready? Tell Angus to hurry up. You know the new stock 2 pro is coming out soon. 

Two shadow 2's otw, one of which a back up my younger brother will play with in USPSA. He has an amazing high grip (very B. Vogel like) with his left and needed the Rami slide stop to prevent locking the slide while firing the current SP01 shadow. My understanding is the S2 takes the PO1 and PCR slide stop. All of which are nothing like the RAMI. Other than staying with the current S1 or changing his grip, are there any options available or has any one heard of a fix/part for the masses with this issue on the horizon?? We both read "grinding" on a slide stop is a no go for production and he did shoot Nationals last year, and probably if not this year will again. 

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, RIPsaw475 said:

Two shadow 2's otw, one of which a back up my younger brother will play with in USPSA. He has an amazing high grip (very B. Vogel like) with his left and needed the Rami slide stop to prevent locking the slide while firing the current SP01 shadow. My understanding is the S2 takes the PO1 and PCR slide stop. All of which are nothing like the RAMI. Other than staying with the current S1 or changing his grip, are there any options available or has any one heard of a fix/part for the masses with this issue on the horizon?? We both read "grinding" on a slide stop is a no go for production and he did shoot Nationals last year, and probably if not this year will again. 

Thank you.

I also use the Rami on my S1 for the same reason (high grip). I ground down the little nub that rides in the slide of a Rami slide stop down and put it in my S2 - works good, even locks back on an empty mag. I've got about 600 rounds through. I thought I would lose lock-back capability, but I didn't.

44 minutes ago, rhart123 said:

I also use the Rami on my S1 for the same reason (high grip). I ground down the little nub that rides in the slide of a Rami slide stop down and put it in my S2 - works good, even locks back on an empty mag. I've got about 600 rounds through. I thought I would lose lock-back capability, but I didn't.

I will have to put the Rami and S2 slide stop next to each other to understand which "nub", but that sounds promising. How many rounds with this modified slide stop do you have on the S2? 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RIPsaw475 said:

I will have to put the Rami and S2 slide stop next to each other to understand which "nub", but that sounds promising. How many rounds with this modified slide stop do you have on the S2? 

Thank you.

Right at 400 rounds with the Rami slide stop. The nub on the short, squared off post that rides in a channel in the slide. I just ground it off flush. The grind is not visible unless you pull the slide stop from the gun.

13 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i don't see anything from a rami slide stop that'd have to be ground down...??? and it's really the right width? i think i have one in a spares kit, i'll check this out too.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/0640008002_slide-stop-rami-9mm40

The little point that points up when the slide stop is in it's normal position in the slide is at a different location than the S2, P01, or "SP01 Compact" slide stop (all the same) and it will prevent the slide from cycling more than about a half-inch unless it is ground off.

22 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i don't see anything from a rami slide stop that'd have to be ground down...??? and it's really the right width? i think i have one in a spares kit, i'll check this out too.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/0640008002_slide-stop-rami-9mm40

The point on the short post that the picture in the link shows you looking right straight into. I ground it off flush. I didn't touch the part of the nub that is on the left of the short post in the pic. That short post is a different length and the point won't ride in the channel in the slide and will prevent cycling. The longer post is a different overall length as well, but the small channel that the slide lock spring locks into is at the same (or close enough) distance so that it locks the Rami slide stop securely into the frame.

I just got back from the range where I shot the best two groups with my Shadow2 yet. I had been shooting three to four inch groups at 25 yards all morning using 147 gr FM round nose ammo and was thinking this was the best I was going to get. Then I took a bathroom break and opened up a fresh box of the 147s. My first group from that box measured 1.4" outside bullet hole to outside bullet hole - which means about 1.25" center to center. My next group was about 2.0" and then I went back to shooting 3" to 4" groups. Guess I was holding my mouth just right for the smaller groups. I'd like to check it out with a Ransom Rest just to see what the real mechanical accuracy is.

14 hours ago, rhart123 said:

147 gr FM round nose ammo

?

If that is factory ammo and you do not care please let me know specs & I will try it.

Not getting great accuracy out of my S2 yet even after installing the CGW bushing so am now looking to see if it likes something different than my CTS & etc. 

How much slide to frame 'play' are you guys seeing in your S2's?  Mine has more than I would have expected.  I don't know if it's from break in or what, but it's noticeable when I shake the gun.

45 minutes ago, clw42 said:

How much slide to frame 'play' are you guys seeing in your S2's?  Mine has more than I would have expected.  I don't know if it's from break in or what, but it's noticeable when I shake the gun.

Mine is ok & won't rattle when you shake it, probably rank it as better than average for a production CZ but not a bragging point. The only CZ I've had that was really tight is a tactical sport orange.  

2 hours ago, clw42 said:

Mine is surprisingly tight...much more than sp-01 shadow and stock 2

3 hours ago, clw42 said:

My shadow black was like that after break in.  My accu shadow was extremely tight at first and even after about 10k through it now it is still very tight.  My shadow 2 already has more "wobble/play" than my accu shadow and I'm curious to find out after I start getting more rounds through it how much more "play" I'll find.  This is just a guess but I'm wondering if as the poly coat wears on the rails if that contributes to what you're seeing clw42???

4 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Freedom Muntitions 147gr RN (new) - not the best for accuracy which is why I was so surprised at the two groups. My best accuracy performance prior to this was with 115gr FM jacketed hollow points in all my CZs and I wish I had been shooting that ammo for these two groups in my S2. I once shot a group out of my S1 that looked almost identical to the factory target at 1.3" - but only the one time. My S2 factory target shows a (disappointing) dispersion of 79.3mm, so this added to my surprise since prior to this my experience has been that the factory target is pretty indicative of actual accuracy I experience with all my CZs. I will have to reassess my views on the factory targets. I will try again with the 115gr. JHP ammo, but a lot depends on my physical and mental state while shooting, so it may never happen again. I really wouldn't recommend the 147gr RN for shooting groups though - I would recommend 115gr or 124 gr Freedom Munitions JHPs (new) for fairly economical shooting.

Not getting great accuracy out of my S2 yet even after installing the CGW bushing so am now looking to see if it likes something different than my CTS & etc. 

4 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

?

If that is factory ammo and you do not care please let me know specs & I will try it.

What ammo does your CTS like for shooting groups?