Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

My Shadow 2 was also about 10fps faster today at the chrono than the SP01 Shadow I was also testing at the same time, same ammo.

I got the same results. 

I just picked up my Shadow 2 today and was impressed. I really wanted to be a hater since I like the Shadow 1.0, but the example I have is very well finished. The trigger is smooth, barrel bushing and overall lock up was tight, the reset is pretty short, the slide to frame was pretty good (not "Orange" fitment though) and it should be "game" ready without any modifications. I'm getting 11lb DA and 4.3lb SA right from the box. It feels a little front end heavy and we will see how she shoots next.

Of course, I ditched the grips for some LOK bogies and have a bag full of Cajun parts to swap out to get the trigger lighter/smoother and a shorter reset but it probably wouldn't have to be done.

I agree. A person could buy the gun, put in their chosen recoil and main springs and call it a day and be happy. Both those spring changes are mechanically within reach of 90% of the people who shoot the gun. A few thousand rounds later it will have polished itself. Maybe grips as well.

I was going to get a cajun disco to fit and hammer and stuff but decided to just do recoil and main springs for and an extended firing pin for insurance. Oh. And polishing. I like polishing.

I'm getting a back up gun so keeping it stock and feeling the same will be easier this way.

11 minutes ago, Richc2048 said:

I was going to get a cajun disco to fit and hammer and stuff but decided to just do recoil and main springs for and an extended firing pin for insurance. Oh. And polishing. I like polishing.

I'm getting a back up gun so keeping it stock and feeling the same will be easier this way.

Back up is great if you're committed to the 2 already.  I'm gonna give it a while and see but man do I love my S1 accushadow... I don't expect to go back to the S1 but I'm not ready to commit to the point of a back up S2 already either.  I'm more than happy letting the S1 be back up for a while.  Keep in mind, I still only got my 2 last week and only have about 500 rds through it.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 2:09 AM, Richc2048 said:

I love my CTS LSP but the weight makes it great. The trigger is better on my long slide but I think overall the S2 will do well for me.

Working through things. Right now I am just not feeling the love with the S2 but that could be only and adaptation thing. Something I never would have thought about, with my particular human geometry it is a lot easier to get a straight & clean trigger pull with the hand/finger position that I have with the CTS. 

7 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Working through things. Right now I am just not feeling the love with the S2 but that could be only and adaptation thing. Something I never would have thought about, with my particular human geometry it is a lot easier to get a straight & clean trigger pull with the hand/finger position that I have with the CTS. 

I was in a similar position between my Shadow 2 and my Shadow Target 2.  I was shooting the Target 2 so much better, that I was getting discouraged with the Shadow 2 which I felt like I should prefer because of its' newer design features.

About a week ago, I did two things.  I let go of the anxiety I had about choosing one over the other, and I put the Target 2, fully adjustable rear sight on the Shadow 2 (Target 2 has a RDS).  I've since sold the Target 2 with the RDS.   I don't know which had more of an impact, but if I had to guess, it was the psychological impact of deciding that it didn't matter which one I kept.  (Keeping them both wasn't really an option.  I hate having things that don't get used, so I don't have many safe queens.)

12 minutes ago, clw42 said:

I don't know which had more of an impact, but if I had to guess, it was the psychological impact of deciding that it didn't matter which one I kept.

There is likely much to that. 

Will give the S2 a fair chance & then follow suit & sell one or the other. 

I was walking through a gun show tonight.. and low and behold.. a shadow 2. 

It looked kind of lonely sitting on that table... Sooooooo I had to bring it home. 

In talking to the guys that were selling them.. The show opened at 3pm, they got a delivery of 5, one ws a bit of a pre order and sold. So they had brought 4 to the show. I saw the gun on display about an hour after opening, and I don't they'd sold one yet.. I talked myself into one, and swung back by a couple hours later after walking through..and I bought #3.  So the display pistol was the only one left.. 

My first CZ.. Having nothing to compare it to, seems just peachy to me! lol 

8 hours ago, Richc2048 said:

It's looking like they're not selling fast.

Hard to sell any gun quick at msrp after you get the fanboy orders filled, and when you can get a stock 2 for $850-950. 

I think right now future supply is still a bit sketchy so folks are keeping prices up. If/when they get plentiful I think you will see them priced lower and moving faster.

The guys that have bought them are realizing it's not the great super gun some people thought it would be and all there buddies are trying them out and deciding to get stock 2's instead. Or at least that's what I'm seeing from where I'm at. 

17 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

The guys that have bought them are realizing it's not the great super gun some people thought it would be and all there buddies are trying them out and deciding to get stock 2's instead. Or at least that's what I'm seeing from where I'm at. 

Dunno, I love mine. And everyone that has handled mine really wants one.

Dunno, I love mine. And everyone that has handled mine really wants one.

Ditto. I like my shadow 2 with different springs way more than a buddies stock 2 that has massive work done and his other Eric G one that cost a good penny.

42 minutes ago, Richc2048 said:

They had over a whole year of it in the world market. Would have been nice to see a 2k dump in the US.

This exactly...^

CZ needs to get their crap together.  This gun was built to the specs/requests of their IPSC shooting team and obviously CZ has a large interest in the US equivalent of USPSA.  The fact that they don't already have 2000 in the states is borderline foolish, and at a minimum dumb.  

29 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

I think you have a valid point on the not a super gun thing. There are a lot of good arrows out there. 

I'm not sure about the trying them out part though. In this case (very good gun vs very good gun) how much can somebody actually tell without owning the gun for a while & seeing how things shake out after they adapt to it? 

4 minutes ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

CZ needs to get their crap together.  

I dunno, they are selling them as fast as they can make them & are giving priority to their more local market. Not the most convenient thing for USA but not such a bad looking business plan. 

34 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I think you have a valid point on the not a super gun thing. There are a lot of good arrows out there. 

I'm not sure about the trying them out part though. In this case (very good gun vs very good gun) how much can somebody actually tell without owning the gun for a while & seeing how things shake out after they adapt to it? 

This is true as well. I have shot them 2 times now. Once was at a match on a stage and I used my shadow 1 loads and my 11lb recoil spring. The guy had lok palm swell grips on it and when I picked it up I thought it was awesome. Probably one of the best feeling guns I have tried. We also took it apart and the new machinery really shows, it looked great and was very clean on all parts. Then, we shot it and it just was bla!!! Really didn't like it and wasn't easy to track the sights. Could be the sights which suck, could be that it prefers a different recoil spring, could be that I have to get use to it or a combo of them all, idk. However I do know that I picked up another guys stock and with my 135pf loads it was a dream to shoot. I could shoot it much faster and with better hits then either the shadow 1 which I've shot for 3 years or the shadow 2. Everyone in the group felt the same way and I know 3 guys now that are selling there shadow 2's. I might just hold out for CZC to come out with there bull barrel gun sometime in 2092